42. I'm more than ready

HARRY

Harry, Louis and Matty were at the hospital for one of Matty's check ups. He was still having them twice a week, every Monday and Thursday morning, but they were hoping they could be reduced to once a week soon, because Mattty hated coming to the hospital, and it was quite the struggle every time.

"What time are you leaving work today?" Louis asked while they were waiting to be called.

"I don't know... 5, 5-30 maybe?" Harry replied, he had Matty sitting on his lap playing with one of the dinosaurs from his set "Why?".

"If you leave at 5, I was thinking maybe after we drop Matty at home, you could drive me to work, and then pick me up when you leave, you know, to save the planet and everything" Louis shrugged "Unless you were planning on going to your place tonight".

"I was only planning to go to my place to get clothes, so if you don't mind making a quick stop there, I'm okay with your plan to save the planet" Harry smiled.

"I don't mind" Louis shrugged.

"Daddy?" Matty asked, before Harry could say anything else.

"Yes, love?".

"Why papa say youw pace?" Matty wondered.

"Papa meant my flat, the place where I live" Harry explained.

Matty frowned at him, like he had no idea what he was talking about.

"Daddy's home is not the same as ours, I explained this to you once" Louis told the boy.

"Bu' daddy go home wif us, papa" Matty replied.

"Only sometimes, the rest of the time he goes to his own flat" Louis told the boy.

"No, papa" Matty shook his head "Daddy aways go home wif us".

Matty was probably right, Harry hadn't slept in his flat for a while now. Even when he came back from his business trip the day before, he didn't even think about going there, because his family lived somewhere else, which was the place he now related to the word home.

And also, at this point half his closet was at Louis', and although Louis kept complaining about having to make room in the closet for his things, he had never told him to stop bringing them, which Harry took as an invitation to keep doing it.

Harry didn't really know how to explain the situation to Matty, so he looked at Louis to see if he was willing to explain it, but he was chewing on his lower lip, which was what he always did when he was deep in thought.

Luckily, Zayn chose that exact moment to call them into his office, so they stood up, and headed that way.

"Hi, doctow Z" Matty said, after his parents greeted the doctor.

"Hey buddy, how are you today?" Zayn asked him.

"Good, bu' I no wike come hewe" Matty replied as Harry sat him on the exam table.

"I know, love" Zayn replied, Matty said the exact same thing every time they had an appointment.

"Matty, remember what you wanted to ask doctor Z?" Louis asked him.

"Yesh" Matty nodded, and then he talked to the doctor "Can go pway to Jace house, pwease?".

"Jace is your uncle Liam's son, right?" Zayn asked, and he seemed amused.

"Yesh, he my fwiend and I bowed awone aw day" Matty replied.

"Let me exam you, and I'll have an answer for you, alright?" Zayn proposed.