49. Why are you so happy?

HARRY

Ever since Harry told Louis that Gemma had started setting up her baby's nursery, Louis decided that they needed to get started on Ruby's nursery as well.

So for the last two weeks, they had been buying things for Ruby, half of which Harry had been allowed to pay for, and they had decided to dedicate that weekend to set up everything.

On Friday, they had moved all the furniture from the guest bedroom to the smallest room in the flat, which used to be a study, and that was now going to be the guest bedroom (but it wasn't set up yet, it was just a room cluttered with furniture at the moment).

On Saturday morning they had painted the walls of the room in a very pale mint color, which was part of the room's color palette (as Louis called it), which was mint, lilac and white. And even though Louis had chosen it, Harry thought it was perfect, because it was girly, but not too much.

And now that it was Sunday, and the walls were dry, they were setting up the furniture, and decorating the room.

They were using the same crib, changing table and rocking chair that had been Matty's, which were made of dark wood. According to Louis they were of very good quality and had been quite expensive, and when Harry saw the pieces of furniture, he had to agree on the good quality, so he was all for using them.

Besides those 3 items, everything else was new; the dresser, the bookshelf, the lilac curtains, the lamp, the white and lilac rug, the mint, lilac and white bedding for the crib,  plus the pillows and the baby blankets in those same colors, the clouds mobile, the wall decorations... just everything.

"It's coming together better than I expected" Louis said, when they decided to take a break to eat lunch.

They still had put away the clothes and other baby items, and also set up the toys around the room, and the wall decorations, but other than that, it seemed pretty much ready.

"I love it" Harry said looking around.

"Should we get our little critic's opinion?" Louis proposed.

"He's going to give it even if we don't ask" Harry smiled "I'm gonna go get him".

Harry walked out of the nursery, and went straight into Matty's room, where the little boy was playing with his train set. They had asked earlier if he wanted to help set up the nursery, but he had declined saying he thought it was boring. But the day before he had helped paint a small corner of the nursery with a little brush, and they had taken it as a big win in the accepting Ruby department.

"Monkey, do you wanna come see how Ruby's room is coming along?" Harry offered.

"Kay" Matty agreed, and stood up from the floor.

He walked out of the room first, and his father followed behind, and when they reached the nursery, Matty immediately started inspecting the room.

Harry looked at Louis, who was sitting on the rocking chair now, and the silly little kitten looked pretty nervous as his eyes followed Matty around the room; he was even chewing on his lip. Harry knew the reason behind that nervousness was Louis' desperate need for Matty to love Ruby, but he also knew that there was no need for him to stress about it, because sooner or later, it was going to happen.