67. The best year of my life

HARRY

May, 2016

In the last 3 weeks, Harry and Louis' relationship had definitely changed from what it once had been.

But not for the better.

When it came to their kids, they were doing great, they were communicating, and making decisions together perfectly, but when it came to their relationship, not so much.

They were sleeping in the same bed most nights, but they barely kissed or cuddled, and they hadn't had sex once.

Every time the conversation about the embryos was brought up, they ended up fighting; sometimes on a small scale, but other times the fights were massive, but whichever type of fight it was, Harry still hated all of them.

So it was definitely a struggle, but they were both trying their best to make their relationship work, they had even started going to therapy together, but they had only been 1 session so far, so it was impossible to see results yet.

Still, throughout the day, when Harry wasn't at home, he tried to think the least as possible about that whole mess, but it wasn't easy, and he rarely managed to do it.

That Monday, Harry was having lunch with his mum; she had called him earlier saying she was going to be near his office around lunch time, and asked if he wanted to join her. And because Harry didn't really have plans for lunch, he agreed.

When he got to the restaurant they agreed on, Harry spotted his mum right away, sitting at a corner table, and he approached her.

"Hi, mum" Harry greeted her, and gave her a kiss on her cheek "Sorry I'm a little late".

"Don't worry, I just got here" Anne replied as Harry sat down "How are you?".

"I'm fine, and you?" Harry asked.

"I'm doing very well, thank you" Anne smiled.

"What were you doing around here?" Harry questioned.

"I had an appointment with my lawyer" Anne replied.

"The divorce lawyer?".

"Yes".

"And how did it go?" wondered Harry.

"It went well" Anne replied.

"So how long will it take until you're divorced?" Harry wondered.

"It will take a while, but I'm okay with that as long as it happens eventually" Anne smiled.

"You look happy, mum" Harry commented.

"I am, I'm happier than I've been in a long time" Anne confirmed.

The waiter came to the table to give them menus, and then took their drink's order, saying he would be back with them shortly. Then they both concentrated on looking at the menu, and talked about what they were considering to eat, until the waiter came back with the drinks, and took their food orders.

"So tell me how Matty and Ruby are, is Matty completely recovered now?" Anne asked, after the waiter left.

She had visited them at home 2 weeks ago, and Matty had still been a little under the weather back then, but that had changed.