53. Where do I sign?

LOUIS

"Is he asleep?" Louis asked when Harry came into the bedroom.

"Yeah, but we should wait a bit before we do anything" Harry replied "Just in case".

"I know" Louis agreed, and headed to the bathroom "I'm gonna get ready for bed in the meantime".

It was Christmas Eve, so they were waiting for the right time to put Matty's presents under the Christmas tree, which they had put up and decorated a few days before.

But Christmas Eve also meant that it was Louis' birthday, and he had had the most amazing birthday he could remember in years, and not only because he spent it with the people he loved most in the world, but also because Harry did his best to give him a very special day.

It started with a delicious breakfast in bed cooked by his loving boyfriend, to which they had been joined by Matty, who gave him a beautiful card he made (with Harry's help, of course), and Lottie, who gave him a present as well.

Then Harry took all of them to have lunch at Louis' favorite restaurant, and when they got there, Louis realized it wasn't just a regular lunch, but a little birthday party in a private sector of the restaurant, where they were joined by Niall, Liam and their kids.

After that, they went home, and after a nap, Harry declared they were all making a gingerbread house as a family, which had turned out beautiful, and Louis felt really proud of it, although Harry and Lottie had done most of it.

"I'm ready" Louis said coming out of the bathroom a while later "Should we get the presents?".

"Go, I'll be right there, love" Harry said, he seemed busy doing something in the closet.

Louis shrugged, and walked out of the bedroom, first heading to Matty's room to make sure he was asleep, which he was, and then he went to Ruby's nursery. They had been keeping Matty's presents, as well as everybody else's in the closet there, so the little boy wouldn't see them.

The problem was that most of them were at the far end of top shelve, which Louis couldn't reach, and he was about to get a chair or something when Harry appeared in the room.

"Need some help?" Harry asked coming to stand next to him.

"Yeah, I'm too short" Louis pouted.

Harry chuckled, and gave him a little peck on the lips before he stretched his long arms, and started grabbing the presents and giving them to Louis, who just left them on the floor.

"Guys, I'm leaving now" Lottie said coming into the nursery, just as Harry had finished "I already left my presents under the tree for tomorrow".

"Alright, love, be safe and have fun at your party" Louis smiled at her.

"Are you sure you don't mind me going out?" Lottie asked.

Abby, Lottie's best friend from high school, lived in London, so of course when Lottie came to visit, she tried to spend a lot of time with her, and tonight she had invited her to a Christmas Eve party.

"I don't mind at all, I told you" Louis answered truthfully "We'll probably go to sleep soon, so it's not like you're going to miss anything. Besides, you only get to see your friend once a year, so should make the most of it".