40. I'm sorry

HARRY

"That son of a bitch was having sex with someone else, wasn't he?" Louis suddenly blurted out.

He hadn't spoken one word since Harry began his story, so he immediately looked at him, and he couldn't help but smile a little, because Louis looked ready to punch Ethan in the face for cheating on him.

But that wasn't what happened, so Harry shook his head from side to side.

"No?" Louis asked surprised.

"No".

"Then what did you find?" Louis wondered, seeming very confused and curious at the same time.

It had been almost 4 years since that day, but Harry still remembered it as it had been yesterday, and it played in his head while he continued telling Louis the story.

⚡️️October, 2011

"You're here, I thought you were out" Harry said the minute he stepped into his room and saw Ethan.

He was in bed, all covered up, but he wasn't sleeping, nor doing anything apparently, he had just been staring at the ceiling.

"Harry" Ethan said looking at him surprised "I thought you were coming back on Friday".

"I was, but I missed my sunshine" Harry smiled, as he left his bag on the bench at the foot of their bed "Didn't you miss me?".

"Yes, of course I did Har" Ethan smiled a little, and sat on the bed "I was just surprised to see you, that's all".

"Are you okay? You seem a little pale" Harry said going to sit on the bed next to him.

"I'm not feeling very well" Ethan replied pouting a bit.

"Why didn't you call me, love?" Harry asked, while he stroked Ethan's cheek softly "I would have come home sooner".

"It just happened today, and it's nothing serious" Ethan replied as he leaned into Harry's touch "There was no need to bother you".

"You're never a bother" Harry said and kissed his forehead, keeping his lips there for a few seconds "You don't feel warm, so you probably don't have a fever".

"I just feel really tired, like exhausted, and my tummy hurts a bit" Ethan explained.

"It's not a hangover, right?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"No" Ethan laughed lightly "It's probably just a bug, I just need to sleep it off".

"Then lay down, and I'll tuck you in, alright?" Harry proposed.

Ethan gave him half a smile, and he laid down on the bed again.

"Did you have dinner?" Harry wondered as he fixed the bed covers to make sure Ethan was cozy enough.

"No, but I'm not hungry" Ethan replied.

"You should still eat something" Harry decided "What about soup? I can make you soup, whatever soup you want".