65. Let's not go there

HARRY

There was a small knock on the door.

"Harry? Are you awake?" Gemma's voice came from outside.

"Yeah" Harry replied.

The door opened, and revealed Gemma in her pajamas, holding Benji in her arms.

"Hey" Gemma smiled at him "Did I wake you?".

"Not at all" Harry said as he sat up on the bed.

"Did you get any sleep?" Gemma asked, and went to sit at the foot of the bed.

"Not much, I had a lot to think about" Harry replied.

"You know, Louis texted me last night after you came to bed" Gemma said.

"I'm not surprised, I just turned on my phone and I had 2 voice mails from him".

"What did he say?" Gemma questioned.

"That he's sorry, that he wants to talk... and that he loves me" Harry recounted.

"He said pretty much the same thing to me" Gemma told him.

"Hmm".

"So are you going to talk to him?" asked Gemma.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to talk to him yet" Harry replied "I even turned my phone off again in case he decides to call again".

"You're going to have to talk to him eventually, wouldn't it be better if it was sooner rather than later?".

"Probably, but I feel so confused, I can't understand why Louis would do this to me" Harry sighed, and looked down at his hands "And to be honest, I can probably forgive him for hiding the existence of the embryos from me, because he eventually told me on his own, but the decision he made about not using them... I feel like it's Ethan all over again".

"It's not the same thing, Harry" Gemma denied right away "Ethan had an abortion without even asking your opinion, and he was never going to tell you".

"But those embryos are as much mine as the baby Ethan aborted, and Louis made the decision alone not to use them" Harry fought.

"The embryos still exist Harry, Louis is paying for them to be frozen" Gemma reminded him.

"But he doesn't want to use them, which will eventually mean disposing of them, embryos can't be frozen forever, I googled it" Harry explained "So at the end of the day, how is it different?".

"It's different because the ultimate decision hasn't been made yet" Gemma replied "And I think Louis hasn't been himself since he had that surgery, but maybe once he has had time to heal, and to process everything, he might change his mind about what he really wants to do".

"So am I supposed to just wait around to see if maybe he changes his mind? And what if he doesn't?" Harry asked, and he could feel himself getting worked up "Why can't my opinion matter for once?".

"Of course your opinion matters, Harry, this decision should be made by both of you".

"Tell that to Louis" Harry scoffed.