60. Can I leave?

LOUIS

Louis had always hated the hospital.

He hated it when his mum was there, he hated it when Matty was there, and now that he was there, he hated it even more.

But thankfully, this was supposed to be his last day there, and he couldn't wait.

It had been hard being away from his family for so long, especially Matty, who he hadn't seen or talked to in a week.

At this point it was pretty obvious that Matty had to be angry at him, because everytime he called home to talk to him, whoever answered (Harry, Lottie or Eleanor), always came up with an excuse why his son couldn't come to the phone; he was always either sleeping, or eating or too busy playing, or taking a bath.

Of course Harry kept denying Matty was mad, but Louis wasn't stupid, and he knew his son like the back of his hand, so he knew the truth.

"Hey, Lou" Liam greeted, coming into the room, and distracting Louis from his thoughts.

"Please tell me you're letting me go home today?" Louis begged, skipping the hello.

"We'll see" Liam replied as he opened Louis' chart.

"Come on! I should've gone home yesterday!" Louis protested.

"Your vitals look good" Liam commented, obviously ignoring Louis.

"They're perfect, the nurse who took them used that word: perfect, so I should go home now" Louis said desperately.

"I need to check on the incision before I can make a decision" Liam informed him "I'll go wash my hands".

Louis huffed in annoyance, because he was sure that Liam was prolonging his stay at the hospital for longer than it actually needed to be, and he couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, let's see" Liam said, coming back from washing his hands, and he pulled down the bed sheets.

Louis knew how this went already, so he pulled up his hospital gown to expose the lower part of his abdomen, where the incision was covered by a gauze patch, which Liam removed.

To be honest, Louis didn't like to watch when Liam checked on the scar, he hadn't even seen it properly yet, because it was an awful reminder that he couldn't have more babies, and he preferred not to think about something that always broke his heart.

"It's healing nicely" Liam determined after a little while "I'm going to remove the sutures".

"Now?" Louis asked surprised.

"Yep" Liam nodded, and pressed the call button.

"And then I can go home?" Louis wondered.

"We'll see" Liam said again.

"If you say that one more time, I might kill you" Louis threatened.

"Shush" Liam said, probably because the nurse who had taken Louis' vitals earlier appeared in the room.

"Yes, doctor?" she asked.