30. What kind of reaction is that?

HARRY

Matty was going back to the pediatrics oncology unit that morning after being in the PICU for 14 days.

Those two weeks had certainly been difficult, especially the first few days, when they didn't even know if Matty was going to pull through, but he had, and now everything was working out like it was supposed to.

And frankly, Harry was an optimist, because, although the situation they had been through had been horrible, two good things had come out of it:

1. Louis referred to Harry as Matty's dad, and not only once, but 4 times (he had counted).
2. Louis and him were really, really close now; the longest they had spent apart in the last two weeks, had been 2 and a half hours, but only because Harry had to go to his office one day to fix a problem, if not, it would have been a lot less.

But Harry wasn't a fool, he knew those things didn't mean that from now on, he could start acting like Matty's parent and that he and Louis were suddenly in a relationship. The truth was, they hadn't talked about the dad thing, and Louis kept introducing him as his friend, but Harry was confident that things were heading in the right direction. Now, more than ever, he was convinced that the connection he felt with Louis when he first met him was real, and that they were meant to be together, so now, in his mind at least, it was only a matter of time until that happened.

"I think my belly's about to pop any day now" Louis said looking down at his stomach.

They were both sitting at their usual spot at the waiting room, the doctors were doing one last checkup on Matty before they moved him, to make sure he was really ready for that, so they were waiting for the checkup to be over.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Have you noticed that in the morning the bump is little, but then at night it looks a lot bigger?" Louis wondered.

"Yeah, I've noticed" Harry nodded.

Honestly, Harry spent a lot of time staring at Louis's belly, he thought it was the cutest thing, and knowing it was his baby who was growing in there made him want to stare even more.

"When I was pregnant with Matty, that same thing happened for a few days, until one morning I woke up and the bump was bigger all of a sudden, it just popped" Louis said putting his hands above his belly, showing Harry how it grew "And I think that's going to happen soon".

"How far along were you when it happened with Matty?" Harry wondered.

"16, almost 17 weeks" Louis replied.

"You're just 14 now, so you have a couple of weeks until it happens" Harry told him.

"No, Liam says I have crap stomach muscles now, so it will probably happen sooner" Louis sighed.

"What do you mean crap stomach muscles?" Harry asked confused.

"When I was pregnant the first time, my stomach muscles had to stretch a lot and that made them weak, so that's why I started showing sooner this time, and probably why my belly will pop sooner too" Louis explained "And do you know what that means?".

"That you need to tell Matty about the baby as soon as possible?" Harry guessed.

"Yeah" Louis murmured.

"He might surprise you Lou, maybe he'll be excited about being a big brother" Harry said as he wrapped his arm around Louis back.

"He won't, he's really going to be upset, and I don't want to see him like that" Louis said sadly, and rested his head on Harry's shoulder.