26. I'm trying

HARRY

Harry was pretty much convinced that Louis was a cat in his previous life.

Why, someone might ask?

Because he still acted like a cat, exactly like a cat. Sometimes he was more than okay with affection, he even searched for it, but if he didn't want it, he would scratch (not literally, of course) Harry if he even attempted to touch him. So each morning, and evening for that matter (because, like any cat, his mood could change from morning to evening), Harry had to proceed with caution and test the waters before he could say or do anything.

For example, there were days in which Louis was a very friendly and trusting kitty, Harry could even pet him on those days, well, not exactly like you pet a kitten, but he was allowed to hug him, even kiss his forehead and his cheeks. But he had to be careful, because there were other days that started like that, and then all of a sudden, without any warning whatsoever, Louis started acting cold; like when you're petting a kitty, and he's being all fluffy and cute, but suddenly out of nowhere he decides he's done with being petted and he bites your hand. The worst days, of course, were the ones in which Louis was cold from the start, he would even flinch at Harry's touch, and stare at him across the room in an unfriendly manner, and Harry swore he had even hissed at him once.

So, yes, it was kind of crazy, and it was probably worse because of the pregnancy hormones, but that's just how it was with Louis, and Harry had decided he was willing to deal with whatever mood Louis was in, because he wanted to be with him, and of course, with Matty and the baby too.

That morning, though, he was really hoping for Louis to be a nice kitty, because just the night before, he had been his unfriendly self, and Harry even had to cut his visit short, deciding it was either that or yell at him in front of Matty, which was definitely not a good idea.

Harry walked inside Coffee vs. Tea like he did every morning, there was a short line, and he waited for his turn as if he was just any other client.

"Good morning Mr. Styles" the barista said when it was Harry's turn, his name was Sean, and he was a nice lad.

"Hi Sean, how are things going today?" Harry asked his employee.

"It's been a busy morning actually" Sean replied.

"That's great to hear" Harry smiled.

"So what can I get for you today Mr. Styles?" asked Sean.

"Same tea as always, a double americano, two chocolate muffins and a blueberry muffin" Harry replied.

"Coming right up".

Three of the London's shops had already opened, as well as a couple in other cities, which meant Harry had had to go out of town again, but only for a day or two at a time. Overall, the shops were doing great, Gemma had helped him create a lot of fuss for the reinauguration, so the old customers would know that this was a better and improved version of Coffee vs. Tea, and to attract new customers as well.

"Here you go Mr. Styles" Wendy, another barista, said leaving a cup holder with two cups in front of him, and a paper bag.

"Thank you Wendy, have a nice day" Harry smiled.

"You too Mr. Styles".

He waved goodbye at Sean at the cash register as he walked out, and then got in his car to go to the hospital. This shop was about five minutes away from the hospital, so since it opened two weeks ago, he had been coming here to get breakfast for Louis.

When he walked inside Matty's room, it was quiet; Matty was still sleeping, he looked really cute snuggling with his blue dino, and Louis... he was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't the first time he had arrived and Matty was still asleep, but it had never happened that Louis wasn't there.