66. Take it or leave it

LOUIS

It was just the flu.

All Matty had, was just the flu.

Which didn't mean it hadn't been serious, because it had been.

Matty had a high fever for 3 days, he continued to be extremely tired, and he also had a sore throat and a very bad cough.

That meant Harry and Louis had to take turns to be with Matty at the hospital, and to take care of Ruby at home as well, because they couldn't neglect their 2 month old daughter and just leave her with the nanny all of the time.

But now, after 5 days in the hospital, Zayn had discharged Matty, and Harry, who had been the one to spend the night at the hospital, was bringing their baby boy home.

Louis had been anxiously waiting at home since Harry called him to tell him the good news, and when the front door unlocked, and Harry walked in carrying Matty in his arms, it was as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

"Is he okay?" Louis asked going over to them.

"Yeah, he just fell asleep in the car" Harry answered.

"My monkey" Louis said as he stroked Matty's chubby cheek "I'm so happy he's home"

"Me too" Harry said looking at Matty in his arms "I should take him to his room, Zayn said he needs to stay in bed for a few days".

"Yeah, I changed the sheets and left everything ready" Louis announced.

Harry smiled, and they both headed to Matty's room, where Harry carefully laid the little boy on the bed.

"You've got him, right?" Harry asked "I have to go-".

"You're leaving?" Louis asked surprised, and sad.

"No, no, I'm just going to the car to get the duffle bag, and Paw" Harry was quick to say.

"Oh, okay" Louis nodded, feeling a little stupid for jumping into that conclusion "Go, I've got him".

"I'll be right back" Harry smiled again, and left the green room.

Louis sighed, and took Matty's shoes from his feet, and as he started getting him undressed so he could put fresh jammies on him, Matty woke up, and stretched a bit.

"Hi, little monkey" Louis smiled at him.

"Hi, papa" Matty said, his voice raspy.

"You're home now" Louis announced, while he put the pajama bottoms on Matty.

"Daddy say we come home" Matty nodded, and coughed a little.

"Are you happy to be home?" Louis asked.

Matty nodded as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and Louis thought he looked so cute, that he gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Arms up, baby" Louis instructed, to be able to take off the hoodie and the shirt he had been wearing

"Whew is Wuby?" Matty questioned, as he complied.