59. Stupid life

HARRY

It was the second night since Harry took Ruby home, and honestly, he was exhausted. He hadn't slept more than 2 or 3 hours in a row, and now he was waking up yet again because his daughter was crying.

He sighed, and stayed in the bed for a few seconds, trying to gather enough energy, but then he quickly got up from the bed, and made his way to Ruby's nursery.

"It's alright, Ruby, I'm here" Harry said softly, as he picked up the newborn from the crib.

From the way she was crying, Harry knew she had to be hungry, so he walked with her to the kitchen to make her a bottle. At this point, Harry knew pretty well how to make a bottle for Ruby properly, but it was a little difficult to do it while holding her.

"Do you want me to hold her while you do that?" Lottie wondered, suddenly appearing at the kitchen door.

"Please" Harry said, and immediately hand the baby over "Did she wake you?".

"Yeah, but my alarm was going to go off in like 5 minutes, so it's okay" Lottie shrugged, as she rocked Ruby.

"You're going to work today?" wondered Harry, going back to make the bottle.

"I am, but just until lunchtime, then I'm going to the hospital to visit Lou" Lottie explained "Unless you need me to stay with the kids or something?".

"No, I'm actually going to take Ruby with me to see Louis today, and then I was planning to come back to have lunch with Matty, so it would be great if you go at that time to keep Lou company" Harry replied.

On Tuesday, which was when everything happened, Lottie showed up at some point at the hospital, freaking out about what had happened, but after she learned that everything was okay, and she was able to see Louis, she calmed down a lot. Still, she stayed there until the visiting hours were over in the ICU, and so did Harry, and only then, they both went home, taking Ruby with him.

Then on Wednesday, Ruby and Matty both had stayed at home with Eleanor, while Harry and Lottie went back and forth from home to the hospital all day, to be able to spend time with both the kids and Louis; that way when Harry was with Louis, Lottie was with the kids, and vice versa.

To say it had been exhausting, would be an understatement.

Now, it was Thursday, and Louis was supposed to be getting out of the ICU, and was being taken to a normal room, that was why Harry had decided to take Ruby to the hospital with him.

"Okay, but if you're taking Ruby, why don't you take Matty too?" Lottie frowned.

"He won't want to go, and I don't want to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, I don't want to make things worse than they already are" Harry sighed, and went over to take Ruby from Lottie, having already finished the bottle.

"You're probably right" Lottie agreed, and gave Ruby back "I'm gonna make breakfast, what do you want?".

"I can do it Lottie, don't worry" Harry replied.

"It's no effort, I have to make breakfast for myself anyway" Lottie said, and she gave him a look that was exactly like the one Louis always gave him when he thought he was being stupid.