9

The bag over my head was a little unnecessary. I stumble blindly through the forest, rough hessian scraping over my face, gnarled roots of trees catching on my feet. Fundy's hand grips tightly around my arm, roughly pulling me forward as he leads me, bound and blindfolded through the woods. 

Suddenly we come to an abrupt halt and I almost fall flat on my face. I can hear other people crashing through the trees, ears straining to overcompensate for the loss of my sight. The bag is ripped off my head, and I have to squint against the bright sunlight that floods my vision. I manage to open them properly again, to see Dream and Eret walk through the trees. 

"Rosie!" Dream yells, stepping forward, but Fundy wraps his arm around my chest, sword barely a centimetre from my throat. I stop breathing, and Dream freezes. His face is hidden by the mask, and he's covered in heavy armour, his axe and shield clenched tightly in his fists. Eret is fully equipped as well, mouth set into a hard line, eyes hidden by his glasses. 

I shift nervously in Fundy's grasp, breathing in short shallow breaths to avoid the sword nicking my throat. 

"Let her go." Dream growls, breathing heavily. Fundy chuckles.

"The moment I let her go, you're going to kill me. In order for you to get Rosie back, you're going to have to give me something."

"I'm not doing shit for you. Let. Her. Go. Now." Dream says angrily.

Fundy ignores him. "If you want her, you need to grant l'manburg our independence." 

"That's what this is about? Fucking l'manburg?" Dream scoffs.

"Obviously you're not taking me very seriously. The longer this takes, the more Rosie gets hurt. If you want Rosie back, and relatively unharmed, you'll grant us our independence." Fundy demands. 

"You hurt her in any way, I will kill you. Just like I should have in the woods. I'm not giving your pathetic little group independence." Dream snarls, readjusting his grip on the handle of his axe.

Fundy sighs. "Rosie show him your arms." 

My stomach plummets as he unlocks the chains on my wrists with one hand, the other hand keeping the sword steady at my neck. Shakily, my eyes trained on my reflection in the glinting metal, I lift my arms, pulling up the jumper sleeves and unwinding the bandages. Eret gasps in horror, and Dream doesn't make a sound, arms falling limp at his side as he stays as still as statue chiseled from rock.

And then Dream lunges forward, axe raised. Eret leaps after him, gripping his biceps and yanking him back  as he thrashes in his grip. 

"Stop Dream. He has Rosie, we need to be careful." Eret says loudly, still fighting a wild Dream, who's still throwing himself in my direction. I let a tear slip down my cheek as I carefully rewind the bandages over my sore skin. 

"I'm going to fucking kill you. I'm going to tear you apart with my bare fucking hands. You lay one more finger on her, you piece of shit, and I promise you I am going to make it fucking hurt!" Dream yells, as Eret tries desperately to keep him held back. Fundy takes a couple steps backwards, dragging me with him. 

"Eret let go of me! Look at what he did to her!" Dream snarls, ripping one arm free and reaching his fingertips out for his axe that lies in the dirt. 

"I know Dream, don't you think I'm just as angry? But he has Rosie and he will hurt her if we don't think." Eret tries to reason. Dream doesn't listen, twisting around and punching Eret solidly in the face. I gasp as his fist connects with Eret's cheek, and I watch the light fade out of his eyes as his face slackens, dropping to his knees. 

Dream bends down, and picks up the axe, running straight at us. 

"Stop, or I slit her throat!" Fundy yells, pressing the blade into my throat, and I freeze still, not daring to breathe or even blink. The cool metal is stark against my skin, the sharp edge of the sword dangerously close to opening up my windpipe. Dream stops, fists clenched so tightly his entire hands are white, chest heaving. 

"Listen to me. I will let Rosemary go when l'manburg gets full independence, of which the terms include immunity for me within l'manburg lands. The longer this takes, the more she gets hurt. This could be very easy and painless Dream, but it's up to you." Fundy says calmly, his grip still bruisingly tight. I notice a tear trickle down Dream's neck.

"I'm okay. It doesn't even hurt that much Dream. Don't worry about me." I say soothingly, trying to convince him that I'm fine. If he loses his shit, we're all fucked. 

"I'm so sorry Rosie. I'm going to get you out. Ok? I'm going to get you out." Dream promises. I nod my head the tiniest bit, careful to not slit my own throat. Fundy starts walking backwards, but I'm not ready to leave again. 

"Wait. Wait Fundy! Wait!" I cry out, straining against him. There's not much leeway for me to fight though. 

"No no no no. Rosie!" Dream calls back, reaching out for me. 

"Dream!" I scream, tears pouring down my cheeks. I hear Eret groan as he pulls himself up off the ground, clutching his head. 

"Follow us, and she dies." Fundy spits. "You know how to contact me once you've made your decision." 

"Dream! Eret!" I scream desperately again. I don't want to have to say goodbye again. I want to be in Dream's arms, and sleep dreamless nights in his bed, and feel his kisses on my skin. I don't want to go back. 

"I will find you. I promise." Dream shouts, putting a steadying arm around Eret. Their figures are replaced by the thick canopy of trees as Fundy pulls me further into the woods. Eventually, he drops the sword away from me, and I choke in lungfuls of air as he chains my wrists back together, then puts the bag over my head. 

And he drags me blindly sobbing back to my cell.

------

A/N I never even intended Fundy to be a bad character when I first wrote this, and now look at him, a purely evil psychopath. 

Please remember to vote and comment!

Hope you enjoyed,

Oopsies x