2

The walls grew. They towered over our land, black stone and yellow. They made me feel safe, in a way, but also trapped. Everything turned into a blur after the declaration of war. We hunkered down into the van, built walls tall around our land and focused on getting supplies. I got a new medical wing, small and slightly shabby, but a vast improvement from the previous shack I was working in. It was stocked with potions brewed in the vans lab, and I couldn't help feel a little excited when I saw them all, stacked on shelves, arranged in neat rows. 

 We woke to a notice plastered onto the walls, demanding surrender and a show of white flags, or we would be attacked. The white flags did not go up. We were prepared to fight. People only left L'manburg for desperately needed supplies, otherwise we stayed inside, preparing for war. We were circled by Dream and his friends, who boasted armour and weapons that could kill in an instant. The boys didn't seem to be scared but I couldn't help but think about what they could do. I always caught flashes of white above the walls. A white mask, white goggles, white headband. Or, Dream, George and Sapnap. I still feel fear pulse through me at anything white that catches my eye.

Tubbo's house was bombed to the ground. The shell of this concrete floor remained, a reminder of the power of our enemies. He kept his face impassive and brave, but I heard the sobs from the corner of the med bay at night. Everyone was on edge, nerves stretched to snap at any moment. Wilbur was out somewhere and the day of attack had come.

I look up from my lunch and my heart stopped. A tall man wearing a green hoodie and white mask stood at the entrance.

"Tommy! Tommy you need to get here now!" I yelled tearing my eyes away from Dream, who stood silently, the black dots that covered his eyes staring directly at mine. Tommy and Tubbo burst out of the van, faces filled with concern. "Wha-"

Tommy abruptly stops his sentence, eyes locking onto Dream as well. We look at each other nervously. Everyone else is gathering materials and weapons, far away from both nations. I gulp and walk shakily towards the entrance, Tommy and Tubbo quickly catching up with me.

They stand protectively in front of me, staring daggers at the man in front of us. He's tall, and solidly built, brown hair peaking out from the smiley-face mask that obscured most of his face. He pulls it up slightly, so we could see his mouth. He looked physically intimidating, but that wasn't what scared me. He radiated ruthless power, the sadistic smile on his face striking fear into my heart. I did not want to cross him.

He starts talking to Tommy, angrily yelling about the lack of white flags on our walls. I shrink back, terrified. He could kill all of us now if he wanted to. Tommy's voice rises, something about L'manburg being full of strong men, upset about a dig from Dream about being children. Tommy's only sixteen, and already in his second war. I think I'm the only one who notices how sad that is. 

The screaming match continues, Tommy getting more and more agitated as Dream tries to speak over him. Me and Tubbo look at each other, our eyes wide, waiting for what comes next. Dream's voice drops suddenly, his tone calm but deadly. 

"If, you do not put up white flags in L'manchildberg, we will destroy it"

His mouth curls into a smile at our stunned silence, I look up to find him staring at my face, before turning on his heels and leaving. I can't get rid of the feeling of his eyes on me. We all stand there for a moment, frozen. Then an explosion thunders in the distance. 

I only need to hear Tommy's shout to know that his house just got blown up as well.

-------------

A/N Last chapter was to show the world, and this chapter was to show the world in war. Next chapter we get some juicy plot (wink wink). I'm taking a lot of liberties with the dialogue, Dream's line is actually real, but he got cut off by Tommy when saying it, however, the finished line is at Tommy's house/embassy but I kinda wanted it to stay true to the location. 

That being said, I'll try to fit ionic lines into the story but I'm struggling a bit. This chapter was based off of Tommy's video Dream crossed the Line, and the meeting they have is based off of the voice call Dream and Tommy have. I won't be following the videos and canon storyline as much anymore, with the exception of Eret's arc, but after that I'm going free for all.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Oopsies x