90

"No- no that won't work, he'll see that coming from a mile away." The girl with dark hair- Ebony I think, groans. "The guard can squash that almost immediately."

Dream leans back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest. The immense dislike in his face make his feelings painfully obvious. "It's better than the entire fucking army coming in from the east side."

"Aren't you supposed to be a tactical genius?" Rick sneers, and Dream's eyes flash the same way they did before he gave the order for Ixia to be executed. "Because we haven't seen anything."

"Rick-" Danny says warningly, from the other end of the table. We've been seated apart from one another as far as we possible could. "We're all on the same side here."

"Look, if you extend these tunnels to the edges over here," Dream points to a spot on the map that stretched out over the table before us; "we can move a lot of troops in before we have to attack. That gives us a lot more time."

"Digging them is the issue." Danny shakes his head. "I don't think we'd be able to do it without getting caught."

"We could lure out Schlatt and kill him?"

"That gives them all a martyr." I say to the resistance man sitting two spots down from Danny. "He's likely not all that crucial to their organisation, and we might just give them a better incentive to fight."

"He'd have handed off the military responsibilities, Rosie's right." Dream says. 

"Would you look at that." Rick sneers, and everyone around the table mentally steels themselves  for the snide back and forth that's unavoidable coming. "How cute are you tw-"

"Shut the fuck up." I decide I'll speak up. "God, this is painful enough without the stupid little comments."

"They're not really helping." Danny adds, while Ebony scowls over at Rick with a particular look of disdain. 

"What if Dream proposes an underground railway system?" A young woman with curly hair pipes up, three seats to my left. 

Rick audibly groans. Ebony tells him to fuck off. 

"No, that could be a good idea." I say, leaning forward with a renewed spark. We can build a transport line all the way from one of our bases, right under L'manburg. Dream could say it's for supplies, we could end up under all their bases."

"We could all try and work on the railway." Danny strokes his chin, deep in thought. "If Dream controls it, we can trap it."

"You just have to convince Schlatt, it'll make trading and shit easier, it's not a hard sell." I turn to Dream. "This could work."

"Schlatt isn't going to like imposition on his land, he'll want to control the passage in L'manburg." Dream sighs. "It'll be manned pretty heavily, it'd be difficult to claim it for our advantage."

"Rosie said you're going after those villages on the coast right? Ask him if you can build it through L'manburg, so you can have an excuse to control it. It's about you, not him, then offer to give extra supply routes so he feels like he's getting something out of it." Danny suggests, and Dream doesn't look disgusted at the mere fact his breathing, which gives me hope.

"I don't have the villages yet."

Rick rolls his eyes. "Well just get them, it's a couple of fucking fishers, I doubt it'd be hard." 

"We're not going to invade villages just so we can get L'manburg back, are you insane?" I stare at him. "We'd be doing the exact same thing to them!"

"We all make sacrifices." He retorts, and I steel myself, holding back from leaping up onto the table and jumping on him. 

"You don't get to force innocent people to make them, especially for your own selfish reason." I snap.