55

"Did you really need to kill them?" I sigh, unfastening the straps on Dream's shoulder, connecting two netherite plates, one on his chest and one on his back. I can't see his face, only the back of his head, sitting on the couch while I lean over the back to help him out of his armour. 

"They were annoying me for months, I needed an easy solution." He says, and I look up at Sapnap, already out of his blood splattered armour. Both of them were at village, on the outskirts of the Greater SMP, one with a resistance group, against Dream's rule. You can guess how it went. Sapnap shrugs. 

"They were pretty resistant." He explains. 

"Can you blame them?" I scoff, working on the strap at Dream's ribs, too awkward for him to twist around and reach himself. It's Dream's turn to sigh, flopping his head back on the couch so that it pushes into my stomach, green eyes peering into mine. 

"My country Rosie, my rules. They'll learn that eventually."

I get all the fastenings loose, and stand up, letting him pull off the leg plating himself while I head back to the kitchen. It looks days of convincing, but I'm now officially allowed to use the knives, with supervision, of course. 

Everything is fucking supervised, except anything that requires privacy, a step up from the original conditions at the jail, which is something at least. Either Punz or Dream, my own personal bodyguards, following me around the house. Doors locked, windows barred. 

Like I'm back in a fucking prison. 

It's remarkable how easily I was able to slip back into life in Dream's house. Back in my old room, old garden, old existence. It's a strange sort of hopelessness, and so I pretend that I never really left, rather than have to face the fact that everything, all I have been through and how hard I fought, meant absolutely nothing, that I'll always end up in Dream's clutches again and again.

It's so much easier to pretend. Like this is normal, like I'm just hanging out with my friends in the house we share. 

I go back to slicing up chicken, Sapnap slamming something onto the counter top. I look up and see a bottle, the same liquor he brought the night before the election. 

"You stole their alcohol?" I shake my head, sliding the last strips of chicken off the blade and dumping the knife in the sink. 

"Wanna get drunk?" He asks, grinning, and I roll my eyes, dumping flour and breadcrumbs into a large bowl. 

"You know I do." I laugh, searching through the draws right of my hip for spices. 

"I don't know if that's-" Dream starts to say, and Sapnap and I both immediately mimic his voice in high pitched tones

Sapnap unscrews the cap and the bottle, taking a swig and passing it to me. I get a mouthful down, screwing my eyes up at the way it burns as it goes, chemicals and acid and washing everything clean. 

More like singeing it away, erasing it with hard liquor, fuzzy minds, blurry memories.

I finish the dinner I was making for everyone, a crumbed chicken dish Punz learned from his old village in the plains. He joins us at the table, Eret as well, Dream and Sapnap giving them a wild tale about their entanglement with village rebels. 

"You should come some time Rosie." Dream says, spearing a piece of chicken with his fork. I look at him from across the table. 

"You won't even let me out of the house."

Dream laughs to himself and I glare at him. Unlike Dream, I don't find being locked in a house again particularly funny. 

"When I can trust you then. You'll love it."