Chapter 26: "Starting Line"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

"How's the cereal?" I asked waiting by the toaster oven. "Ha, it's the best thing I've had!" responded Springbonnie while eating her Cinnamon Toast Crunch. "You've said that about every new food you've tried," noted Bonnie who was seated next to her at the table. "What? They're all equally good," she responded. "At least she isn't picky. Half the food I was encouraged to try when I was young took a while for me to try properly," said Michael across the table from Bonnie and Springbonnie. "Ah, so it's a matter of figuring out what she doesn't like. Won't be surprised if it's vegetables," chimed in Helpy sitting three seats down to the left of Michael, as he took a sip of his glass of milk. "You can scratch that, we lived eating vegetables along with fruit and crops in our world," responded Bonnie. "So you're telling me you, Mangle, and Springbonnie only ate those type food your whole life?" asked Helpy. "Most of the time. Mostly had vegetable soup for lunch and dinner, though we did have things like bread and other various food besides vegetables," responded Bonnie. "What about meat?" asked Foxy who was seated and had Helpy next to her while eating her eggs. "Never had it. Fredbear preferred for us to not eat meat or have livestock," responded Bonnie. "So you guys were vegans. Of course," responded Helpy finishing off his glass of milk. "Honestly, seems like something Fredbear would want," said Michael. "No meat! Ha, surprised it hasn't made the both of you and Mangle weak!" exclaimed Bon Bon sitting at the end of the table to the left. "You escalate the insult into a fight and you'll be off the next mission," warned Bonnie pointing a finger at him. "Oh yeah? Make me," responded Bon Bon leaning his head forward at him. "Yeah, I'll have Mangle do that for me," responded Bonnie. "Ha! Can't even contain me yourself," responded Bon Bon dismissing his threat. "Looks like I'll have to drag you over to her," said Bonnie standing up immediately and walking on over to Bon Bon quickly. "Enough!" I exclaimed, as Bonnie stopped in his tracks while he and the others turned to look at me. The toaster oven rang to alert that the bagels were done, as I opened it and grabbed the food out of it. "Mangle doesn't have to be the only one who'll deal with you. Anything involving that attitude one more time and you won't be permitted to the training any longer," I threatened as I grabbed the butter and knife for my bagels. Bon Bon grunted in annoyance as I spread the butter on my food, as all I could think about what how much Bon Bon had changed since I had first met him. He had back then, for sure, but he didn't have such dissatisfaction for me now. I couldn't forget the attitude he was giving everyone as well, almost like he was projecting his feels towards the others. Sooner or later I had to confront him about his attitude, but with so little time and task of training the others, and myself, it was difficult to have a one-on-one conversations with him. Perhaps I would have to allow someone else take up the responsibility to talk with him. 

"Going back to vegans; ain't nothing wrong with that unless you try to force others to all be vegan. Though you do miss out on the good stuff like burgers and chicken," said Helpy, as I put away the butter in the fridge. "Well, I can't eat anything anymore. Sure, it's fine I don't require food or drinks though I kinda miss them," said Michael, as I put the knife that had leftover butter in the sink. "Having those requirements missing is still strange to be without," said Charlie on the other end of the table, as I made my way over towards the table while carrying my bagels with butter in halves. "For sure. I've already almost put food in my mouth last week," responded Michael as I walked around the table. "I'm glad I got the ability to eat, gives me something better to do than sit on my ass and watch TV all day," noted Helpy as I was taking my seat between Foxy and Michael. "Doesn't seem like it makes a difference, you're only spending up to half an hour or more at the least consuming productions and drinking liquids," I pointed out. "Well having something to do makes the day less boring," responded Helpy getting up from his seat and grabbing his empty glass. "Ah, the day's only boring if you make it that way," said Springbonnie. "Maybe for you, you're never bored. I don't know how you even do that," responded Bonnie. "Eh, when you got things in your mind to think of, and others to converse, boredom ceases to exist," said Springbonnie. "You make it sound so easy," responded Bonnie. "Probably because you had trouble socializing with others, people found you annoying after all," she responded. "Ok, I couldn't change how I acted back then, and you didn't help when you were around!" protested Bonnie. "I can see why Mangle let you in her group at the time," said Michael jokingly. "Oh she pitied him, it was obvious. Had to stick my neck in for him when he was alone. I thought he was going to cry due to his lack of-" "Ok, I think we're stopping there and not letting the conversation involve my embarrassments anymore," said Bonnie stopping Springbonnie. It was kinda pointless considering most of us were chuckling and giggling like children; these were moments we needed during these dark times to forget, just for a moment, the evil we were fighting against.