Chapter 17: "Death"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

Waking up to my life... well to it being here was nice to know. Waking up normally felt refreshing; it masked the crisis we had all hoped to stop. Having the sun just setting that seeped through the window and the glass door to the backyard from where me and the others were sitting was a better sight than waking up to nothing but the night. Things were calm, nothing was here to present itself as troublesome; the world was peaceful, or what we had dreamed for it to be forever. The days were coming close to an end, and this would be all we would have to remember the good times if we really were to leave this world. 

I'm still not ready to leave my life.

Most of the others had eaten already and were just relaxing at the moment, all while I ate at the table with Foxy. Michael, Springbonnie, and Bonnie were all in the living room talking with each other, though I had not bothered to listen in on what they were discussing as I was focused on eating the bagel and eggs I had made for myself. Even though I had woken up about ten to fifteen minutes ago Foxy had been in the same spot, the only thing she really said to me was the usual "good morning" you would receive and that much from her. She may have wanted for me to finish eating first then discuss whatever was on her mind; I myself had much to speak about with her.

"You know what the others are talking about?" I asked Foxy while swallowing the last of my bagel. "Oh, something about where they were before ending up in our world which they do a lot. It's quite sad to hear how it was and then lose their home because of William's A.I," she responded. "Huh? I should probably ask them about it at some point for all the details, and to know who they were before ending up here," I responded while turning to the living room and back a moment later. "Henry's still working on Mangle and Bon Bon?" "Most likely. I haven't seen him or Helpy all day and they been in the garage for, who knows how long, even before we all woke up," she responded. "I guess going to bed at whatever time took it's own toll on you, since you were still up by the time I went to bed." "Yeah, I didn't go to sleep until around eight or nine in the morning, mainly was finishing up on checking the house for anything William had placed here," I responded. "And what did you find?" asked Foxy. "Heh, a whole pile of devices that's what," I responded as I opened the back part of my back and pulled out the devices I had found. Foxy's expression was enough to show how vividly she was surprised on the devices that were on the table now, all circular and flat with only a light that was off now to the side of the flat surface. "Ten of these things were scattered around the house, and a couple were dug into the walls and counter top of the house which were taken care of by Duality imploding the devices from a signal he sent. The damage wasn't extensive where it would be heard from the whole house and are gone now," I said as she looked back up at me now. "Some of the electronics like the microwave, telephone, Henry's smartphone, and laptop also housed components that could be monitored from Afton. Those connections as well were sabotaged to not be used anymore and I'll probably burn these remaining devices I found in the barbecue grill in case they can be reactivated." "If Duality can destroy the devices, why not have them do the same for the rest of these devices?" asked Foxy. "Too wasteful and more effective, as he described to me when I posed the question as well to him. Can't argue with that," I responded. "Feels like I haven't talked to you normally in so long, like all we've been discussing has pertained to stopping William or just about my troubles." "It has been nonstop about discussing William, but talking about your problems is normal," she responded. "Doesn't feel like it since it's never been something to bring into any of our normal conversations, not recently at least. I feel like I can't even classify that as normal talk as well," I said. "Then what would you consider normal talk?" asked Foxy. "I don't know. Uh... maybe something like doesn't involve what we just deemed as not normal; talking about how the day could goes as, our plans that don't involve talking... I guess there really isn't much to talk about except what we already discuss each day," I said. "Doesn't make it a bad thing though," she said. "True, but... I don't know...seems bland and like we don't have a life worth talking about in certain aspects. Not like we could really form a life with the one we chose to pursue, but this life has already gone stale I guess. It's really hard to put in words on how to describe it," I continued. "Well, this life is going to end and we'll be given a new one after this is over," she said. "Foxy... I don't want to taint your image of how the future will be when this is over... " I said while after letting out a sigh. " ...But this is no future for us if we die." "How do you know that?" asked Foxy seeming skeptical for my words. "Foxy... Do you remember when we... died... by William at the pizzeria. Do you remember anything before- I'll just put it this way: Do you remember being... dead if that sounds right?" I asked. Foxy held her firm but loosen position from my words, as she seemed lost on how to respond. "I... Well... it's kind of a blur, but the only thing I remember is nothing. Just. Nothing. Darkness. But that's it really... Why?" she responded. "Maybe it's just me, but that darkness I saw as well showed how much I hate death. Not because death is a thing, but because there is nothing on the other side for us animatronics. Us animatronics have nothing to ascend to or even rest in peace to; all but darkness," I said. "Just being surrounded by it, not being able to move, touch, feel, or smell. It felt like purgatory, because there is no heaven or hell for us. And I hate that's we're we'll end up." I proceeded to look Foxy straight in her eyes, as she was already a little shaken and understanding of what I had said, judging from her still and awaiting silence.