Chapter 71: "Who I'm Not"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

I could finally see the entrance to the sewer hideout as I ran through the park. It had already been a couple minutes just to get here, and the thought of being too late to help or save Bon Bon was pondering my mind throughout. "Elizabeth and Ennard will know you'll be here once you open the door. Even if you do know that... " Duality reminded him as I approached the entrance now. "I know," I responded running over to where the button to open the entrance was. I pressed it immediately as the door opened for the hideout as I quickly ran in, even as the doors weren't fully opened. I got on top of the hood of the car and climbed up top, as I could see Bon Bon out of this suit and on the ground with Ennard above him. As soon he noticed and looked at me he quickly wrapped his wires arounds the back of Bon Bon's head and snapped a part of Bon Bon's memory chip. "No!" I yelled as I jumped at him aiming to punch him, as he stepped to the side and attempted to wrap himself around me. I shot a Shadow Beam at him, as he managed to move out of the way to save himself. He attempted to punch me as I dodged his attack and attempted to punch him back, though he jumped back as he lunged at me. However right when he was coming at me Elizabeth stepped in front of me and knocked Ennard in the face with her claw. He tumbled to the ground as Elizabeth tried to slam her claw on him, though he rolled to the side as her claw hit the ground. "So your true colors have finally shown. Just like I predicted," said Ennard standing up now. "NOW YOUR FATHER WILL NEVER LOVE YOU! THE WITCH BE ALL ALONE AND SUCUMB TO HER OWN RUTHLESSNESS!" yelled his crazy side. "Leave. Leave now. Go back and we'll see how long you decide to stay at my father's side. I know what you wish to gain throughout this battle," said Elizabeth to him. "Then at least we'll see each other in hell," responded Ennard. He disappeared as he entered the Shadow Dimension, leaving a battle he clearly won for the most part. At least in his mind. I walked on over to Bon Bon, as well as getting a view of the battle that had transpired. His Funtime Bonnie suit was missing it's arm, the face crushed, and surrounded by a pool of oil. Bon Bon had a hole in chest, which seemed to be from Elizabeth's claw though it was Ennard who struck the final blow, not her. I him held up and looked at the back of his head, finding his memory chip in half. The worst had happened; I was going to lose him. "Bon Bon... " I tried to say, unable to find any words to describe how I was feeling. "F-Freddy... I-I... I did... my... job... I... p-protected... argh! The car... and... EMP Device... I... put... the mission... f-f-first... " he said barely. "Bon Bon... " I tried to say once again. "We... argh... We knew... this... would... happen... guess... w-we... weren't... ready... for... it... Not... even I-I... was..." he continued as he looked at Elizabeth. "She... She... won... the battle... but... argh... she didn't... strike... me... down... She spared me... F-Freddy... y-you... were... right... Michael... was... right... Elizabeth... still... l-lives... " "Bon Bon... I just... You... You did good. You were and always will be like a brother to me... I'm proud of you... " I said with a big smile as I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Took... argh... you... long... enough... t-to... s-s-say... t-that... " he responded as his eyes started to flicker. "W-Win... F-Freddy... No... m-matter... w-what... k-kill... W-W-Wil-" His eyes shut off, like I could feel how hollow and empty his body was now. The tears streamed down my face as I held onto his hand and clinched as hard as I could. Bon Bon was gone. We both knew he would face a fate like this the way his path was set, but he still went out on his own terms. He chose the mission and his duty, rather than the act of revenge he thought would set things right and allow him to have peace. Only he found peace by doing his job and giving us a chance to continue on with our mission so we may have the chance to end William and his plans. He death was a sacrifice and one that would never be forgotten. 

"He held back."

I turned to Elizabeth, who was just standing against the wall looking down. "He could've just ignored his order of defending the car and focused on his thirst for revenge towards me, jeopardizing his mission and all of you. Yet he was able to let his hate die for me, just this once. All of it meant to choose what seemed like a meaningless desire to focus on assisting you and your team. To give his own life for a battle he knew from the start he would not win," she continued. "Yet... you didn't kill him when you could. Why?" I said wiping the tears away. "I'm tired of people telling me who I am, yet even I don't know who I am anymore. Circus Baby or Elizabeth Afton. The daughter of William Afton or follower who carries out his deeds... But in all honesty, I don't know why I didn't kill him... Maybe it didn't feel right taking a life who didn't put up much of a fight and wanted me to extinguish it... " she responded. "Or you're tried of taking life. You've realized the impact of it. You become numb to it, almost accepting it for what it is. Then you stop and think; begin to understand the gravity of it all and just what you've done for so long. You wonder what really is your life meant for... I know the feeling... " I said sniffling. "I struggled for so long on what value my life had, knowing this world may never accept it because of its difference to this world and what we are capable of. We're robots, beings that can thrive longer than most living beings on this world or possibly replace them. Can't really blame them. You. You had a life of a child that was stolen from your father just because he felt it he had the right to. You try to think of various reasons for doing such a thing, but it really just comes down to not caring about you. He views you and Michael as pawns he could do whatever with, his own children. The both of you have futures and lives broken because of him, and he took pieces he broke to form his own toys he could do whatever the hell he wanted with. However I found a reason to keep going and a purpose to my life, and I'm sure you'll find yours. It's not like you have much time left." She didn't respond as I looked back Bon Bon and closed his eyes for him, allowing him to rest in peace. As much I wanted to grieve him for a little longer the mission was still a priority, Bon Bon would want me and the others to continue going. "I won't be the one to choose who you are, that's up to you," I said standing up now. "What I will say is that Circus Baby; the person that killed my friends, who manipulates those around you, and is a ruthless follower of William. That's not who you are. However if you do find the answer, I'm sure your brother will be waiting regardless. Whatever choice you make." Elizabeth looked at me as I walked on over to his Funtime Bonnie Body and opened his back side, grabbing the car keys as I walked away now. "I'm sorry Freddy," said Duality as I squeezed my way between the wall. "Yeah... We still have a mission to finish and the others waiting on me," I said opening the door. "I calculate you know what choice Elizabeth will make," said Duality as I closed the car door and started the ignition of the car. "Yeah. She'll make the right choice," I responded. "Perhaps Bon Bon realized that as well. After all this time. He saw the light in her. After all their battles and his hatred for her, Bon Bon was the wakeup call Elizabeth needed.