Chapter 82: "Who I've Always Been"

Elizabeth Afton's P.O.V

I don't know how much time had passed of me just sitting against the wall, just having empty thoughts carry out the passing time. I turned to sight of Bon Bon's lifeless body, still taking in why he, out of everyone, would see good in me. Just thinking about him made me wonder how my brother and his friends were doing, and if they had even reached my father by now. My father. Freddy said he never cared about me or Michael, that he only viewed us as pawns. After he brought me back to life we never talked much about anything, except only about my mom and how everything he had done would change the world. Yet now that I think about it he never told me what his plans were, why all of this was being done to begin with. Though when I asked, and that was only a few times from what I remember, he would only respond with vague answers that couldn't even be considered answers. All my father did was talk about his plans and when it wasn't all talk it was working on whatever it was at the time, leaving me alone to do nothing. I was alone a lot, left to do nothing for days while my father worked. It was that and considering ways on killing my brother. I guess I was always alone. Nobody to talk to but myself. I never got along with Ennard, RXQ and I never talked and wasn't like he was around much, and there weren't any other options besides those two. The more I sat, the more I realized how depressing my existence had been ever since being one of my fathers creations. Back then, when I was alive. When I was Elizabeth Afton. I remember how great things were. I was happy with my family. My dad, mother, even my brother, we all seemed to have a happy life. Dad was always working on his places and creating animatronics, deciding what to do next. That was all he seemed to be focused now. Yet he also seemed to care for mom, talking with her after work and in the evenings before I would go to bed. It was like they could talk for hours about whatever they liked to discuss with one another. Mom as well during the day when I got home from school would be doing chores, which me and Michael would help with at times. Mom was always nice, doing what a mother would do for her child. Though at times she wouldn't be home and would instead be with my father at his pizzeria helping him with paperwork and other things, or at home if she had the time. Then there was Michael, my brother. When mom couldn't pick me up at times she would have Michael do so instead when he got a car and license, picking me up fairly often. Sometimes at home he would take the time to play with me or watch what I was doing, or even taking me to the park if I ever wanted to. We never seemed to argue or hate each other, though when we did it was over stupid and pointless things for the fun of it. As he got older he didn't play with me as much since he would be hanging out for friends, and eventually I would seem every couple months when he went to college for a couple years. Though when he would come to visit during his breaks, summer, or on holidays we would always make sure to spend time with me, even just for a while. Eventually he would finish college and would come back home to help my father with work. That didn't last long of course. I remember it still so well, the day my father came home by himself. No sign of Michael or my mother. He told me my mother was killed by someone and Michael seemed to vanish without a trace. I remember crying so much after him telling that, yet he told me to not worry and that there would be a day we would see them again. Of course I didn't know what he was referring to that day, even now to a certain extent, but I took his words to heart and prayed he was right. After that I don't think I could enjoy the life of being a child after that. I barely saw father much, as he was working more than he was before, and at school it was hard to forget knowing mom was dead and Michael had disappeared. I didn't even get to be at the funeral for my mom with my father, and maybe there never was one to begin with. It didn't matter because at my birthday, that day, was when I was reborn. It all happened so quick, and the next thing I knew I was Circus Baby. Father told me how I was reborn, better than how I was before. I was scared, afraid of what I was now but my dad told me not worry and that everything would be ok. I don't know how, maybe it was the feeble and young mind of a child, but I believed his words and accepted them as my own. Before I knew it William had told me Michael was alive and that he never ran away from his family, and instead was working with my father. He told me he lied to me for his grand plan that would change the world, whatever that meant, and wanted me to trick him. By that point I believed Elizabeth Afton was gone, as I did not hesitate to manipulate him into being scooped eventually. My father had done enough by that point to suppress the humanity in me. I was just like my father. After that was just the same: planning, doing nothing, threatening to end Ennard's life, just a blur of a repeating cycle that meant nothing to me. Then came the time to trick Freddy and his friends into believing we were one big happy family, though apart of me during all the acting and pretending really reminded me of the days I shared with Michael and the times I felt being a kid again. Now I've realized I crave that same feeling again, almost wishing I could experience something like it again. Though the past is long gone, at least a part of it. Michael. He came to understand I was just like him. That we were both pawns to our father. He really did never care about us. He taught it was acceptable to kill and ignore what he did to me, Michael, and mom. He ruined our happy family that would've continued if he wasn't the way he was. Michael, Bon Bon, and Freddy. They all realized the child I was back then still remained, that she could be saved. Especially Michael. All he wants is to avenge our mom, stop our father, and save the world. If anything he was suffered more than me, than anyone that I know of. I have no right to act like I faced the worst, especially what I've done to my brother. That's not who I am. They were all right, she still lives. I stood up now slowly as I turned to look at the exit of this place, as I walked on over towards it. "I'm Elizabeth Afton. That's who I've always been," I said to myself. "I know what I have to do now... I have to make things right. Not just for Michael and mom, but for everyone I've hurt. For the world I've hurt."