Chapter 78: "Persuade"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

I quickly realized the empty void of nothing around me, all before Duality's holographic body appeared next to me. We were apart of Scott's program now, just as he wanted for us. I quickly turned to the sight of Scott Cawthon appearing right behind us now in his cube like glowing blue body, waiting for us. "I do hope the scenery isn't a problem. Having a more sophisticated one would only be distracting, especially with the topic at hand. At least for the moment," said Scott Cawthon. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "You will understand in time. Now, I suggest we get started on your statement involving why I shouldn't go through with my plans. Your friends won't be able to hold off the enemy for long," said Scott. "Very well," I said in agreement. "What you plan to do. I understand the intent, the purpose of preserving the human race and technology. The problem lies with deciding for the human race, especially since you aren't a human yourself. Only a piece of technology created from mankind." "Your reasoning is flawed. I may be a program created by a human, however I still have the right to wish to change the world. You believe machines like A.I and robots should be treated fairly?" responded Scott. "To an extent, yes. Talking and more advanced robots should be treated with respect, at least that's how I feel. Yet you also have the right to speak with others, people like the leaders of the U.S, the president, anyone with higher power that is able to discuss your vision," I said. "Certainly, however it also isn't a guarantee. How long will it take to communicate with the right people, or will they see my plan as a speck and less important to the many jobs and problems they are focused on at the moment? Time is not limitless and each day our society advances slightly, including technology. And as the days pass the discussion of humanity and technology coexisting together is ignored; neglected until the day we arrive where one or the other will eliminate itself from our world," explained Scott. "If I have the right to change the world, even without the consent of the people, then the same would apply to you. Rather than contact the authorities, the FBI, the army, anyone that is more capable of dealing with William Afton and his army you've decided to take matters into your own hands." "It's because only we are capable of stopping William and his army," I responded. "How then? Why are you and your friends capable of stopping William Afton?" persisted Scott. "You know the reasons, as well as the data that can be calculated. Even if the U.S army was sent to destroy William and his army they would face considerable causalities or wouldn't succeed. William's ingenuity and inventions could rival even what the U.S could throw at William, not to mention with starting a conflict here in Utah. There's also the Resurrection Power, which could be used to kill thousands, if not millions. Of course Freddy and everyone also possess the Resurrection Power, which you helped create, correct?" explained Duality. "Indeed," responded Scott. "Then you know it would only be logical that fighting fire with fire would be best if everyone learned the power to take on William's army and himself, as well as having a fighting chance," continued Duality. "Besides, sacrificing our lives, robotic lives that people may see as just that, over a thousand or more human ones is a better trade. William has already taken so many lives and if we can prevent him from taking anymore, then me and my family will give our lives to this planet and its people to ensure they're safe," I added in as well. "Your reasoning is logical. Though I must empathize once again that what I am doing is no different than your goals," responded Scott. "Are they really? Merging technology and humanity into one? Especially like what happened with those souls trapped in the animatronics that Charlie saved? Think about it, they could never eat or drink, live in a society in the state they were in, and could only be at peace if their animatronic bodies were destroyed. Do you believe society will be able to adapt to such changes if you give them bodies they had no choice over? How do you think children will react to such a thing, or anyone for that matter? They may not even be thankful or glad for what you did, even if what you did was with good intent. Then what? You fucked over the human race that wasn't ready to adapt to such a chance and could do more damage than expected. Would it have been worth it?" I asked. "Such an outcome is possible, however I feel it is the best solution to a problem that may not be resolved," responded Duality. "Then let humanity decide their future for themselves, not technology. I had to get Henry to understand that," I said. "Let me remind you Scott it was you that had us reconsider hiding the truth from the world," said Duality. "Yeah. We can't be the one to decides what is best for humanity, that's them tp decide what path they end up on and where it leads to. That's not to say we can't be there to guide them, offer them advice to have them understand the problem at hand. The future for humanity and technology is something we may not live to see. All I want for humanity to see is neither the good or bad of technology, but to acknowledge both sides, to see in-between the lines and the grey. Scott, all you would do is give humanity is reason to hate technology, maybe even reject it," I said. "I... I have not considered that possibility," responded Scott, seeming speechless now. "Look Scott. It's clear you care about ensuring humanity and technology survive, we share the same goal. I want you to help us in defeating William and his forces, for him to answer for all he's done. After that you're free to do whatever and help humanity in any shape or form, besides your original plan of course," I said.  "He's right, Scott. If you want to help humanity you can do by ensuring William is defeated and along with his forces, as well as explaining what he really intends to do with Resurrection Day," said Duality. Scott Cawthon stared at us for a moment, almost like he was thinking to himself though it was hard to tell if he really was doing so.