Chapter 42: "Empty"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

I was meet with darkness again, and it had been quite a while since I had seen it. It felt calming to be surrounded by nothing, like my mind was clear and at ease even if I was adrift in the void. Maybe I just needed to forget all the troubles that had been eating me away, even just for a moment. Maybe escaping reality for just a while would be nice.

"Freddy. This is the world we're in that Duality created? Or this is him? I don't even understand it," spoke Michael's voice. I had forgotten, for a moment, that me and Michael had entered into Duality's world to talk, more so because I had asked of them to. "Yeah. I guess it's a world Duality created. Apparently he can change it any way or form... Speaking of which, would you mind doing so Duality?" I said. "What do you have in mind?" responded Duality's voice as Michael looked around, due to his voice being heard from all over the void. "You have a particular choice in mind? It can be any location or place of your choosing? I can't be bothered to choose something," I said asking Michael. "Well... Could you possibly do my old house? The one I lived in with my family back then?" Michael asked. "Hmm... Interesting but predictable choice, which there is nothing wrong with. Very well," responded Duality. The next second both me and Michael were in a kitchen, though to be precise a house. Michael and his family's house. I could tell, since the kitchen looked old in terms of what I was used and generally felt like a kitchen you would see in a 70's show. "Feels weird being in your house," I said observing the place. I turned back to see Michael walking around the kitchen, clearly speechless to live such a memory that was so distant to him now. Yet here he was walking around in that memory now. 

"I can't believe I'm back here... Even if it's fake my emotional ties to it won't let me deny this fiction, not with a memory so strong," responded Michael still taking it in the fact he was living in a memory. He stopped to look at the fridge for a moment before walking over to it and stopping once it was in front of him, mesmerized by something. He grabbed something off the fridge and held it in his hand, and just sat and stared at whatever it was. I walked over to the side so I could see just what he was looking at, especially since something had clearly gotten his attention. As I was in view of seeing what he had in his hand I could clearly make out a photograph, one that had probably been hanging on the fridge. In the picture was William Afton, Michael's father, something I noticed immediately. Next to him was a women with brown hair, wearing casual clothes, and looked especially happy next to William. In front of them was a young girl with blonde hair and twin tails, who looked about five or six. And next to her was a young teenager who looked identical to William, who had brown hair and looked pretty normally dressed. It was clear to me who these people were. 

"This is your family. You, your father, Elizabeth... Your mom," I said. "Yeah. It was. Things have changed since when we were a happy family. My father is murderer. My sister follows my father as well... And my mom's gone. I miss her. I still and, maybe, always will. They seemed so happy together, but I guess it was all an act to my father. Or is it... I don't even know why he killed my mom... Or does he still care for her... Maybe he always has... " Michael responded. "I'm sorry! I've made this all about me and forgotten you asked to talk with me for a reason." "No it's fine. You have every right to cherish seeing the good times again, especially when they're rare to have these days," I responded. "No, no. This is about you, not me. Besides, the past is the past. You can't relive it but you can remember it. It's the only to keep it from getting forgotten," responded Michael. "Well... I'm glad we were able to get you in here. This is the first time two minds have entered the world Duality made, considering you can usually enter by using his flash drive. Well. Usually," I stated. "Yeah, I'm still not clear on that," said Michael. "To clarify your confusion I simply used my systems to connect your mind to this world, though it was more of recreating your mind since your still a human soul that has a robot for a host and thus your mind is not digital like the others," explained Duality. "So am I really here then?" asked Michael. "I would ask if you would like to know, but that is unnecessary since I have determined your response already," responded Duality. "Yeah, then you know I rather not ask and have my mind have a breakdown," responded Michael as he turned to me. "I will show my physical form to make it easier and more natural for he both of you," said Duality. He appeared a second later as the green hologram like Freddy form he had, as he walked over to us. "Wait? I recognize that body. It was an attack some of the animatronics I knew from the other world had, which they called Virtual Freddy," said Michael. "Indeed. I chose this form since it felt it was best suitable for me. And I'll admit I found it cool to have as an appearance," responded Duality. "So, what did you want to talk with us about?" asked Michael looking back at me. "Let's sit down," I said as I walked on over to the table in the kitchen we were in. Michael did the same as we both took our seats, as he waited for me to finally tell him what was on my mind.