Chapter 72: "Allegiance"

Ennard's P.O.V

"So. At last she reveals her true allegiance after all this time," spoke William. "Indeed. Just as I had warned about previously. I couldn't be surprised if she were to join with Freddy and his team," I responded. "Yet you chose to return when you could've struck down the traitor, one who was proved to be a great value to us," said Nightmare to me. "In time Nightmare, Circus Baby will be taken care of and will fall along with Michael and his friends. I would assume you would understand Ennard's choice, which seems as if you doubt my decisions and Ennard's? I would hope you are not thinking of choosing the same path as Baby," spoke William. "Of course not. My allegiance will always be to you, and especially what you intend to do for this world. I am well aware of the consequences if I were to switch sides, especially now at our most critical moment of your plans. One who understands their strength and place in this world knows what side is best. That being yours of course," spoke Nightmare. The way he spoke I could tell there was some truth to his worlds, though there were some lies in them as well. I was with a liar for so long that helped me with being able to distinguish one when I could, which I had to thank Elizabeth for. However, being a liar myself helped with that ability as well. "Hmm. I do hope your words match your actions in battle Nightmare," responded William. "With that being said we can begin the final steps towards my plan. That starts with all of you and your final task for me: defending this pizzeria until my preparations are put into action. The four of you, the remaining Nightmare, Phantom, and Twisted Animatronics, and my army that will be assisting you will delay our enemies for as long as possible until my plans are put into action," commanded William. "What will you do then? Michael and the others are targeting you and will go for you," said RXQ. "I will worry about that myself. Ennard you will be in charge now since Elizabeth has defected. The day is upon us now. Resurrection Day is here to resurrect the old ideals and be formed into new one's. That is all," said William. All of us walked out towards the door to William's office and outside, as we all made our way down the hallway. More so than ever I had no doubt I was surrounded by traitors, wishing to defect for their own personal gain. It was like I  could smell the deceit from everyone one of them, waiting for the time to reveal their true colors. "WHAT'S THE MATTER?! ALL OF YOU SCARED YOU MAY LOSE YOUR PATHETIC LIVES?! GOT NO WORDS TO HOLD BACK THE FEAR AND TEARS!? MAYBE I JUST RIP OUT YOUR MOUTH SINCE NONE OF YOU SEEM TO USE IT ANYWAY!?" yelled my other side. If it was one thing that was a nuisance to me, it was this other personality apart of me that seemed to show the worst of me. I'd prefer to keep that side of me hidden and out sight until needed. 

"Perhaps some of don't need words to display what the nightmare is," responded Nightmare finally. "As much as I could like another fight I'd prefer we'd be fighting Michael and his team. It's about time I get the proper chance to end him," spoke RXQ trying to divert the conversation. "Yet, he still lives," I said stopping, as everyone did the same. "So you're judging my abilities?" asked RXQ looking at me now. "I'm judging your allegiance and where you stand. You had the perfect opportunity to strike him down when you fought him at our last battle, and yet he triumphed without a scratch. Almost like you didn't put up much of a fight," I said to him. "I also have to call into question your history with William and what he did to you and your friend. Rather than despise him for what he did to you, instead you chose to side with him. Not out of obligation or because William forced you might I add. Even then, you had no idea of his plans and what he was working towards. Might there be another reason for working with William? An ulterior motive perhaps?" "If you want to pursue this act and misguided belief that everyone is against William, then I would assume you have proof?" asked Nightmare looking at me now. "That is not required when, in due time, those against William and his plans will reveal themselves and what side they're on. I do not need proof when I am surrounded by traitors who are against William. Make no mistake I know what side everyone of you are on. Nightmare, Golden Freddy, RXQ. Even I understand my own allegiance and who I serve. Elizabeth knew what side she was own and revealed it to William, and now will pay the price for such an act," I explained. "Just remember that it isn't me you have to worry about that will purge you of your treachery, but William who has the power and means to do so." Every one of them stared at me, though through their eyes I could the fear of being named and mentioned. They knew their secret could not be hidden forever.

"Then answer a question you're obligated to answer," said Nightmare. "You call into our question our loyalty and what side we are on. Then where do you stand on this conflict? Is this allegiance to William just an act? A cover to hide an allegiance to someone else? Perhaps there is no side you are own, but your own? An in between where you follow only yourself and your own goals and ambitions, not of one from a higher power above you? Maybe the only thing you seek to gain from William is a means of power that is ripe for the taking? Tell me if one of us is against William, if the same applies to you; what makes you any different from those are just like you?" I had to give credit where it was due. Nightmare wasn't as simple minded as I had believed and his words displayed that. He was created to be a brute and terror to those he faced, but like all of William's creation they became something more. In time I would deal with him and those who were a threat to me. 

"I believe you'll find the answer in time," I responded with a smile. "Now. Shall we prepare for a counterattack? We wouldn't want to disappointed William, would we?" Everyone stared at me, most likely not seeing me as trustworthy. It didn't matter to me, they were never my allies to begin with. Just like how William viewed all of us as his pawns, I saw them as a means of keeping up the face and identity I had kept for so long now, a way to trick everyone. Just as the pieces were out into place for William to make his final move, behinds the scenes I was making moves of my own. The only allegiance I followed was myself and the aspirations that would soon become reality. The only one who would fall from this conflict would be Michael and his friends, as well as William, with me to rise once the smoke would clear with an open position of power I could own. Control and power. That is all someone needs to be on top of the world. What better aspiration could one hope to have?