Chapter 88: "True Happiness"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

It happened so quickly. Before I knew it The Resurrecter had impaled Michael completely through his chest, as even he seemed to be thrown off by what had happened. "Michael!" I yelled letting go of William as I ran over to him. Michael dropped the gun onto the ground as I stopped in front of him, as The Resurrecter retracted a second later. Michael fell to the ground as I stared at him, all while his soul faded away from him. 

"Finish... F-Finish... the... f-fight... "

It was already too late. His body went completely limp as I turned to looked up at another soul stuck inside the glass case with Cassidy's and Charlie's souls stuck inside still. After all this time, years of torture and pain, all that just to have his soul sucked out of his own body. He wanted to be free from this world, but not before ending his father's life. I guess that task was left to me now. Me against my maker. 

"You killed both your kids. Or let me guess: that means nothings to you?" I said standing up now and looking at William. "They mean further beyond nothing after what Michael did. Years of work. Gone. Everything I had strived for to reach a better future, and he took it all away. Not just him, but everyone that has opposed me. All of them just proved to me they are the evil that has plagued our society for so long we don't even realize they are among us. Living with the normal people of this world as to hide away from those who seek to rid of them. I built you to understand what this world has come from, and here you stand with their ideals. You've become one of them... " spoke William. "And because of Michael... Margaret is gone... I will never be able to see her again." "Do you understand what you're saying?! After everything you've done?! To your children, to your own kids and wife?! They lost their lives because of your petty ambition for change?! You decided their own fate you had no right to take control of, and it destroyed anything that was left of them! If it weren't for people like me, Mangle, or Charlie to pick up the pieces they would still be broken!" I exclaimed at him. "If you understand evil... if you really know how it works... then you know that there are those who have the world view them as a villain, while they look at themselves and say they are the hero. Tell me? Do you know what role you've been playing this whole time?" William just stared at me, as we both didn't say a word for a moment. The fire around seeming to be spreading little by little in the room, which would engulf the two of us. "I see a failed creation, tainted by evil. Allow me to cleanse you of your wicked ways," responded William as I turned to see him holding his hand over something in his pocket. "Then Michael was right after all this time... A monster can't live longer than he already has," I said. I quickly grabbed the gun off the floor and shot at his arm, causing him to drop a tiny remote on the ground. He groaned in pain while covering the wound with his right hand, as I aimed my gun at him. "Do it then. Prove you are the villain here. Killing me will show the world it will always thrive as long as we allow it to," he said. I kept the gun pointed at his head, all while I stared at him. "Is this how you wish to be remembered by? Don't you fear leaving this world without killing me? Knowing that you may never reach a heaven or hell to regret such an action? The thing is... you can't... after witnessing all your friends die in front of you and losing so much... knowing your mission has leaded you to this moment... you can't pull the trigger and take a life... a human life to be precise... " spoke William. My hand was starting to shake as I was starting to have doubts about this, and towards everything. He was right. After thinking I had suppressed all my problems and confronting them, I still feared leaving this world and failing. All that effort to just let everyone die and allow William to roam this world, like he had gotten a slap on the wrist for literal crimes against humanity. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of The Resurrecter, as I quickly dodged to the side to avoid being hit. The Ressurecter retracted back into place as I quickly looked up to find William run to me and try to pull the gun out of my hands. I held on as tight as I could all while William had his foot on the remote, which was probably what controlled The Resurrecter, on the ground. Finally he managed to press the button as The Resurrecter went for me again, forcing me to let go of the gun and jump onto the floor. William did the same and landed on the floor, as the both of us got up on our feet quickly and went for the gun. Unfortunately William managed to grab it first and instantly aimed it at my chest before firing a shot. I stumbled a little as I continued to stand back up before William shot another bullet into my chest causing me to stumble again as I slowly got back up on my feet again. "You leave me with no choice," said William as he aimed his gun towards my head. He fired through my head, causing me to fall onto the ground completely. My vision was starting to go blurry as William walked in front of me and aimed the gun at my head. "I really wanted you to change the world for the better and take my place. Not like the way you chose to do so. Perhaps you still will. I will rebuild and start over again, salvage what resources I have left. In fact I can rebuild my systems again in less than a year, and Resurrection Day can begin again. Then I will have you take my place. Any memory of everything though will be wiped and you will forget everything that has happened. You will not remember your friends, everything I have done or even me, and especially your own life. All you will be is the embodiment of my work and reminder of what is necessary to save this world. When that happens the world will thank me for what I was able to do. And finally a perfect world can be born at last. Everyone will finally find true happiness.