Chapter 20: "Retreat"

Michael Afton's P.O.V

Having another voice didn't seem that all different to what I was used to back then, when I was crazy or deranged. Whatever word you would like to use to describe it. Having that different part of it just had to be accepted, that until I knew I would vanquish it from my mind for good. I didn't think I would ever have to allow another voice in my mind, though this time I was given the option to say no. Could I have declined this time? Sure I could've but I had to know just who this Duality A.I really was, at least in terms of his personality and importance to this team. I also felt comfortable with housing an A.I in my head as an asset to the team, just so he could make things simpler. Who would've known how refreshing it was for his voice to sound he was next to me and not in my head. It felt like he wasn't apart of me.

"No guards, nobody around the area but us, no obvious security measures or defense systems... Haven't felt this relived in so long," noted Bonnie. "There's nothing at all from our normal eyes to see. Unless we're missing something," pointed out Foxy as well, with all of us perched at the end of the alleyway, while staring at the side of the pizzeria and the parking lot. "My father wouldn't leave the pizzeria unprotected from us, he has security measures installed but not out in the open," I stated looking around. "I didn't encounter any defenses or anything when I escaped. Either they didn't exist or your father refused to use them on me," said Charlie. "Duality, you detect anything we can't see with our own eyes?" I asked. "I'm surprised to even say this, but I don't detect anything around the area," he responded. "What?! That can't be possible!" I said in denial as everyone looked at me now. "It most certainly is. All blockages from the pizzeria that would usually block a majority of my primary functions and scans are bypassed so nothing can disrupt my scans completely. There is simply nothing at all in the vicinity. No traps, no other life signs excluding the workers and nobody out of the ordinary is with them, and nothing to combat any attack," he explained. "Though I can't fully scan the inside of the pizzeria without being inside of it myself. I wouldn't think that would be an option to consider, would it?" "No, we're not that desperate for information on William... But this doesn't seem like something he would do," I said. "I would consider a flaw on what is in front of us and how we are missing the bigger picture. That is something I must even consider," responded Duality. "So let me guess? Nothing at all?" asked Bonnie. "Nothing," I said turning to look at him and shake my head. "We have to be missing something, right? Something at least," said Foxy. "Uh, there could be a tactical advantage over us that William is using. Like hiding them or not bothering to have them out here or installed so we walk in blind when we launch our attack," theorized Bonnie. "Hmm, possibly. We don't know for certain but it does make sense from my father's way of thinking. But at this point there are a millions ways and reasons for the clear path to the front entrance," I responded. "You may want to hear out what I have discovered," said Duality. "What is it?" I asked. "I performed a background check on the workers out here and dug around every inch of information on them... All of their information is fake and was forged by another source: ID's, social security numbers, records, birth certificates; everything is fake about all these workers and I mean everything," answered Duality. "To put it simply; these workers don't exist at all." "What the hell does that mean?" I asked unsure of what he meant. "Like I mentioned everything about these workers are fake and their information was created by another source... not even preexisting information about these workers exists, one that's weren't a hoax," explained Duality. "Then who are those w-" I stopped myself knowing the true nature and purpose of the workers finally, including the thought that Freddy was with them right now. "We're heading back," I said walking back down towards the alleyway that lead to the street. "What for?! Wait, you gonna tell us what the concern is for?!" exclaimed Bonnie confused as the others followed behind me now. "Those workers, or whatever they are, belong to my father and Freddy's with them. My father probably knows we're here already," I responded as we paced down the alleyway. "Plan of action?" asked Foxy as we all turned to the right of a separate alleyway that wasn't the one we entered through earlier. It presumably would lead us back on the street and close enough to Freddy and whatever those constructions workers were. "Still thinking about that," I said answering Foxy. "I detect two new beings in the area where the workers are, and I doubt hearing their names will make you happy," said Duality. "Who?" I asked as we all exited out of the alleyway now, finding just who Duality was referring to. The clear outline of gold and black; both having their backs turned to face us, while Freddy was stuck between them and the workers behind the barricade, was enough for my to know what two individuals had returned finally. Freddy's look at our arrival urged our enemies to turn and look at us, showing their faces. Golden Freddy and RXQ.