Chapter 53: "Heart"

Michael Afton's P.O.V

I was running as fast as I could, like my life depended on it. Though it was quite the opposite where it was someone else's life that depended on it, one who could've been gone by now. I really hoped my sister hadn't killed Bon Bon, as it was clear she would do so to anyone that wasn't me. In the distance, even with my faulty night-vision I could see the Elizabeth not too far off from where I was running towards. However it seemed the situation was already in a dire state. I could see Bon Bon already on the ground, as Elizabeth was holding him down with her foot and most likely ready to destroy his suit, along with him. I decided to take her head on as I went straight for her. Just as I was approaching and jumped at her to punch her, she noticed me and blocked my attack with her claw. "I didn't ask you to save me," said Bon Bon on the ground. "Nobody needs permission to save one's life," I responded. I noticed his left leg had been ripped apart, meaning he was in no position to stand on his own or defend himself properly. "Call for backup. I'll handle my sister," I said. "Get someone to fix my leg so I can make sure she won't be able to walk again then," he responded pressing the side of his head. "Does this fucking thing work? Nothings happening!" exclaimed Bon Bon. "That bitch broke it from punching me so many times!" "Oh well. Guess you're both stuck here with me now," said Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, why? Why kill and try to be like father? This is wrong, it always has been. Don't you feel guilty for everything you've done?" I asked. "What I do is for our father. Everything I've done because my father has deemed it necessary to change the world for the better," she responded. "But you don't question what you do, not even consider the good or bad. Just because he's our father doesn't make everything he does or says is right, why can't you realize that? What if I ignored everything he's done to me, you, and mom who's dead because of him? I lived a life serving him just because I had to believe everything he stated was is right and his plans for reshaping this world? What kinda life is that?" I asked. "You know why I've made it my mission to stop our father, why Freddy and the others have joined me in this act to oppose him? All of us have been affected by him in some way or another. Some of us have been hurt by him. Should we ignore that some lives have been ruined because of him? Or is that fine because it don't matter because our father says so? All of us fight my father to ensure this world is saved and no one else's life will be ruined like ours, you fight because my father simply tells you for his goals. Something you refuse to explain what they are." "If you want to know how he wishes to change the future, then I suggest asking him yourself," responded Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, there is no need to act all heartless. I know the sister that once existed still lives, and you've shown me proof yourself. You've had the chance to end my life multiple times and yet you hesitated when it came down to the moment each time. Am I wrong?" I asked. My sister didn't respond, but her face showed she knew I was right even if she didn't want to admit it herself. "I had memories come back, the last bit of few I had missing that I now remember everything up to when I found out my father's plans, to when I died and was reborn to be trapped in this suit. I remember your death, how our father killed you. I remember being trapped in my own body when Ennard had control of it, and how you were there as well. Now I finally remember how I almost died when Ennard left my body and was almost doomed because of it, and I survived. All because of you. I heard your voice when I was on the ground, wanting to die from everything I had experienced during that time, telling me I wouldn't die," I continued. "Now I know why I remembered those memories and why they were missing from my mind... You still wanted to help me, because you cared about me. You saved my life, rather then letting me die, especially since my father knew my chances of surviving Ennard being ejected from my body were slim and someone else could take my position in his plan. All of this proves that, even back then, you still were the same sister that you were before being killed. You still are the old sister that has a heart for her brother, and I wouldn't be surprised if father knew of that and is the reason for suppressing those particular memories. Hell, I'm sure he knows of it currently after you failed to end my life. Who knows? He might even end your life for letting me live and consider you an enemy." "Our father would never toss me away like some old toy! I've done enough so that I'll always be at his side!" exclaimed Elizabeth. I had never seen her like this, especially since she was always so calm and collected in any encounter. Yet it seemed I had called into question her loyalty and who she really was.