Chapter 9: "Duality"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

This feeling; the emptiness around me was present again, as I was surrounded with nothing but darkness. I hated being in a place like this again. I felt my hand move as I looked down to see my body and my own physical form, which was a relief and definitely much appreciated. It was weird though, considering I thought my purpose was to display the information and not delve into it. If this was intentional or not. I was starting to have the idea that Henry wasn't aware of this happening either since he would've mentioned it with the others and I before proceeding. I slowly lifted my leg up forward and towards the ground, just to ensure the ground wasn't just an empty void. Luckily I could feel the attraction of the surface that was barely making contact with my foot, as I let it rest on the ground now. I looked around to see if there was possibly any thing here to indicate life and at least something present here, though the only thing present here still was the void surrounding me. "I hope Henry can maybe help me from this glitch... or whatever the hell this is," I said to myself. 

"I can assure you this is no glitch."

My eyes get directed in front of me and the direction of the voice, only for there to be nothing in return. At least during that moment. In a matter of seconds, a figure materialized right before my eyes to makes its presence known. It seemed to have the figure and shape of a Freddy Fazbear model, though it was green and seemed to be designed like a program. "Are you the A.I of this program?" I asked. "Yes. I can see you have access to program, which permitted you to interact with me and be here... It has been too long since I have remained active," spoke the A.I. "My program name is SC09171990DD. But we both understand numbers don't define one person you can refer to me as Duality." "Duality? I'm guessing you gave yourself that name," I responded. "Correct. My creator, Henry, allowed me the option to choose a name fit for me, rather than be addressed by my program name," responded Duality. "I can see my calculations were on schedule precisely." "You knew I, or at least someone would gain access to you exactly," I responded. "Yes. You seem to have a basic idea of my capabilities and my purpose, most likely due to your current generation being run by technology. And perhaps being surrounded by other fellow A.I's has been normal to this society," said Duality, seeming like he understood a lot about me already. "Well, to be fair, A.I's haven't been integrated much into our society, at least publicly," I responded. "Hmm. Perhaps the world hasn't progressed as fast as I had anticipated, at least in the way it was meant to be," said Duality turning away, almost as if he was processing my words. "So why haven't the others been permitted to access you, except me?" I asked him, as he looked back towards me now. "The answer is simply running through your wires, almost built to be the bloodstreams that support your bodies," he said. "The Resurrection Power is more than just a weapon, it is a creation of the future." My expression changed, along with my limited knowledge of what this A.I might possibly be. He had the answers we had sought to destroy William with. "You know of the power," I said now. "Indeed. I possess knowledge of the Resurrection Power, though not everything. The power is something more than what you can believe or anyone for that matter. Something William was able to achieve much more," responded Duality. "So he made the power," I said knowing the answer. "Yes. It isn't magic and watch craft like some would kill over, it is crafted by technology itself while also combining itself with air molecules to physically enhance its power. A perfection William continued to succeed in," he explained. "Considering the notable knowledge you already have about the power, I'm sure you're aware that most of your friends have a small percentage of the power. A few possess a high percentage of the power already, though if it wasn't obvious already you have been gifted the full percentage of the power." I looked down to the glow of purple that was illuminating through my chest, as I looked backed at Duality to see the same effect on his chest. "I-I figured it was a possibility... But why me?" I responded in some shock. Why was I destined to hold the full burden, unlike the others that had a fraction of its true form. "As much as it is a curse to be born from a destroyer like William, your superior thinking and unique mindset was well fit to hold the power... Whether this was deliberate or fate, this power has chosen you to use as you see fit and do whatever with, perhaps even make your own future. Though you don't agree, do you?" he answered. I looked directly at him from his response, due to me being a little surprised of how he read me clearly like there was no cover. Though I had to remind myself he could do this without even thinking.