Chapter 32: "Path"

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

I looked around desperately, anxious to mend what I could and to offer my help. Foxy was going to need it if I were to address her problems. Even knowing I couldn't continue dwell on the past so things would've been different for Foxy, I still wished I could've done something different to deal with her problem. All I could do now was be there for her and help solve with what she was dealing with, if it could be solved that is. As soon as I made my way through the dinning room and looked around and towards the hall where the front entrance and stairs were, I continued on to the kitchen and living room as she wasn't in the areas I had just checked. I figured she would stay down here and not go upstairs as Charlie's and Henry's room were upstairs and she wouldn't intrude on their rightfully owned rooms without permission. Though I could be wrong about that idea and could've gone up there anyways. My assumption didn't matter in the end as I walked around the corner and noticed Foxy immediately in the living room on the couch closest to the TV and against the side of the wall. Even with my presence being obviously noticeable she chose not turn to look at me or even acknowledge me in any way, which only made my concern for her raise further than what it was at before. 

"You know why I'm here," I stated getting straight to the point as to not delay the concern for her issues any further. "I know," she responded still not looking at me. I gave out a small sigh for her unwillingness to not acknowledge me as I walked around the other couch I was behind and towards her. She didn't seem to still react or make any movements as I sat down next to her as I sunk into the couch a little. She was staring off at the wall in front of her as if she was in deep thought, while occasionally blinking to remind me she still had her mind right here, right now. 

"Foxy... You can't avoid going into detail on what's bothering you... I know how much you want to share why you're feeling the way you are... but I can't understand unless you talk about. Why I'm the source of your problem... " I asked. It seemed mentioning that last part got to Foxy as she finally looked at me who had a face of deep sadness, something I have never seen from her. "Don't say that... Please... Don't say it like that... " responded Foxy. "I only mean I wish to understand how I pertain to the how you're feeling, that's all. I want to help you, like what you would do for me. What we both do for each other," I said. "It's just... It's... " said Foxy struggling to get her feelings out. "I feel useless! I feel like I can't do anything!" I had never seen Foxy so frustrated which threw me off from her words, which confirmed my fear she was going through a lot more than what I had been lead to realize. "I feel useless without anyone being there! I always have to rely on someone else for any problem I encounter because I just can't handle it and I'm sick of it! I can't do anything without having someone hold my hand for me!" she exclaimed still in frustration. "Throughout the training I couldn't do a single thing on my own unless you were at my side... because I needed you to succeed. I needed you to unlock my powers and successfully use them, because you give my the strength and confidence to do anything... but me depending everything on you is what's holding me back from doing anything on my own... " I didn't know what to say immediately as I struggled to find words on how to respond to what I had just heard from her. I never thought she would ever have these feelings over a problem like this, it just didn't seem like something I could see her having a problem over. "It's not your fault, you're only doing what we sworn to do for each other... But if I can't do anything on my own I can't rely on you for the time being. I have to walk this path alone... " she continued. "Foxy... You don't have to do this alone. At least let me guide you or help you start on what needs to be done," I asked. "I can't let you. I have to do this alone," she responded looking away and down at the ground. "It's the only way to learn how to survive on my own... Without anyone... It's the only way I'll survive in case... " She paused at the end and didn't say another word, leaving me wondering what was holding her back from continuing. "In case what?" I asked in an attempt to urge her to finish what she was saying. "In case... You're mission... our mission to defeat William fails... if we lose you... " she responded. "So this dilemma involves more so the thought of me failing... or dying. If that outcome is to happen," I guessed. "Or if I'm the only one that survives. It's just... it feels like the odds are against us. We died before and were sparred, but after that it's over for us. No coming back from the dead, no reboots or a way to survive if our memory unit is destroyed... I'm starting to understand why dying had a toll on you... how it feels... like drowning in darkness... " she responded. "It's true. Dying is an experience to fear, more so as there is no heaven or hell for us. Just emptiness. Our odds are stacked against us and the responsibility of saving the entire world, and if we fail William will end the human race and have a world all to himself," I responded. "There's a chance we may fail at our mission and we may only get one shot to complete it, but we have to push back that fear and have stand tall when we are face-to-face against William. As much as I don't like the idea I understand your drive to walk a path alone and I won't be the one to interfere with your troubles anymore, unless, of course, you choose to ask for guidance or help. That's all I can do for you." "Freddy... I'm sorry... " she tried to say. "You don't have to be," I responded.