Chapter 70

"You give each other pet names, spend more time together and act like the rest of us dont exist!", Jingyi gives up on what he was trying to find.

Master Jin may be an adult but he felt clueless. He wished he could go to the banquet hall to get guidance from Zizhen.

"You're saying you dont want me to stay friends with Zizhen?", Jingyi raised a brow.

"I'm not saying that..."

"Then what are you saying Lan Jingyi."

"I'm saying you should not play with someone's emotions and profess love when you know you're going to be on top of another man in the middle of a hunt!... I cannot bear it!"

"Hah! You cannot bear it?... Is this some kind of joke cause it's not funny..." Jin Ling's expression turned dark. "Do you have any idea the torment you put me through?!", his eyes blink at the floors before anxiously coming up to look at the one that made him lovesick. "All those times you held his hand and let him touch you, kiss you, proclaim his love to you openly while I hideaway and die...Did you have any idea how broken I was?!"

Jingyi could not tear his sight away from Rulan's pained look.

"I could go a week without sleep because I knew you were snuggled up with Sizhui...And I submitted to the pain...For you Jingyi!...So what's this tale?... if there is anyone who played with people's emotions, then it's you Lan Jingyi...It is you!... You invite me to a hunt, then ignore me completely.", Jin Ling took a deep breath to push back the bitterness. He had probed his open wounds all over again.

Confused by his greed, Lan Jingyi stumbles with his fist clenched by his sides.

"You've been on my mind every single night since you left Jinlintai... But it was probably for the best, cause I visualized our future together, yet somehow it always ends with you going back to Lan Sizhui. So let me move on in peace.", Jin Rulan mounts a bold front before the Lan. Drained from the conversation, he bows respectfully then veers around to leave.

"Jin Ling!"

Lan Jingyi grabs the Cultivator by his clothes and draws him back. Jin Ling jerks his hand off but he is pulled back again and again until the man's arms loop over his chest and his whimpers pulsate in his ears.

"I'm sorry Rulan...But I can't accept that.", Jingyi lays his head on the man's back.

After a silent sigh, Jin Ling tilts his head to the side, wondering why he was still standing in the room. Without thinking too much, he turns around and hugs Jingyi properly.

Rulan adores the beautiful man as he holds onto his face and touches the skin on his cheeks. A tear slowing its way down Jingyi's face made Master Jin frown. He was happy the Lan thought of him even if for a split second but also hated himself for being the cause of those tears.

Taking his head close with a thousand words running through their minds, Jin Ling encircles a hand around Jingyi's thin waist and lures him closer. Their noses convene just as their foreheads, laying the bricks to merge their lips. The kiss was meant to last a second but they find it difficult to pull away and let it stay a while longer.

************************************
Lan Xhicen kept stealing glimpses of Jiang Cheng now and then. Luckily the guests in the room are too mesmerized by the twins to notice.

"Father...", Huizhong called from below.

"A'Jiang, why do you have the baby?", Xichen crouched to take the infant but his son refuses to hand him over.

"Sorry Father, Master Wei explained I could carry him for a while as long as I dont let anyone take him from me.", Huizong smiles at the baby.

"Ok, I won't let you break your promise then...but you should return him, he's already fallen asleep.", Xichen adjusts the baby's blanket and stands straight.