Chapter 10

When they found their way back, Wei Ying was already waiting for them outside the cotton field. The other juniors were already there as well.

Wei Ying, "What took you four so long?"

Zizhen, "...Trust me, you don't wanna kn..."

Sizhui used a silencing spell to shut Zizhen up. "Sorry, we... we got lost but Meirong found us." The lad answered with a smile and Wei Ying accepted it. "Wait...", Wei Ying stretched his neck to look at Jingyi who seemed to be fidgeting with his head down, then at Jing Ling who had his lips pursed and was looking in a different direction. "Why do those two look so roughed up...", he asked.

Lan Jingyi raised his head but kept mute. The night time saved his flushed face. Not satisfied with the silence, Wei Ying walked closer to him to get a better look at his face. "Are you turning red? Jingyi, are you sure you're really okay?... Look, even your headband is tilted. How come you did not notice this Sizhui?" Wei Ying had a hand on his shoulder then turned to look at Sizhui.

"Umm you see, Meirong appeared out of nowhere and bumped into him. He's still suffering from the aftermath." Zizhen who signalled Sizhui to set his mouth lose answered after the other obliged.

Wei Ying stepped back, tapping his other hand with his flute. knowing Jingyi was easily scared of ghosts, he went with it. . "Ahhh, so its one of those things. Hahaha... Jingyi you looked like you've been smooched by a girl you fancy." He laughed and winked.

"Cough* Cough*", they all turned their heads to a Jin Ling who nearly seemed to be choking on his spit. "Ahhh Sorry, sorry." Zizhen quickly run to his side and tapped his back. "You owe me one..." he whispered to Jin Ling. Wei Ying sighed and started walking.

Sizhui, "Father, are we not chasing after the corpses anymore?"

Wei Ying, "Don't worry about that, I'll explain some things to you later. Now we have to rest."

Sizhui, "What about the Zhao family?"

Wei Ying, "I've taken care of it, we will return tomorrow."

Sizhui nodded and then followed with Jingyi and Jin Ling looking off.

After they settled down in the Inn, Wei Ying sneaked out. He drew some blood and cast a spell. A thin red glow pointed him to a certain direction and he followed as fast as he could. Earlier, he had sent fort an advanced tracking talisman and it caught onto the one that threw the blades. His expression changed when it lead him to Wen Ning's house. The first thing he noticed was that The Ghost General was not at home and the lights were put out. A sudden noise drew his attention to the storage room on the left end of the compound and he went there. With one kick the doors flew open and Wei Ying saw the assailant on the floor. He leaned against one side with his arms folded on his chest as he watched the person being squeezed by the red light.

Wei Ying, "Shijie, so it was really you."

Jiayi, "A 'Xian, I can explain...Its not what you..."

Wei Ying, "Don't lie to me. You attacked me, and with a very incredible spiritual weapon. Never thought that your dagger could do that... No wonder its called Juntuan.". Wei Ying chuckled at himself.

Jiayi, "A'Xian, I would not harm you... Knowing your core is still weak I could have used my sword to easily wound you. I just wanted to help Biyu hide... Forgive your sister."

Wei Ying, "Zhou Biyu?" He sighed as he removed the talisman. Wei Ying helped her up and picked up her mask. "I'm sorry jie" he said with a weak smile. He had seen what Jiayi did for the said corpse. Such a person was really not a bad but rather an interesting and mysterious one.