Chapter 35

"Wei Ying!", Lan Wangji yelled himself out of sleep. 'Another nightmare?' he held onto his chest as he tried to steady his breath. Just when he managed to he calm down he caught sight of a white mist that made him flinch.

'Wei Ying!', His eyes grew wide when he recognized the ghostly figure before it passed through the walls. Swiftly, Wangji run after it. He found out where it was headed; their son's room. Soon it slid out from there and headed for the forest. Lan Wangji increased speed, hoping to catch him. "Wei Ying please wait!" He could not control his strength and tripped. When he tried to get up, someone held onto him.

"Hanguanjun! Hanguanjun are you alright? Why are you out like this?", Sizhui held onto his father with all his might. Wangji was burning up with another fever. "Calm down...Lets go home.", He said to the older man who wept like a child. "Why cant he see me...I'm right here!", Wangji starred at the mist looking at him like he was a stranger.

For weeks Lan Sizhui made sure to take over most of his father's duties and returned at night to stay with him. Every evening he played a certain tune Wangji made for Wei Ying to calm the older man down. Wangji always stressed that he needed to find his husband, that Wei Ying needed him. But his son kept him locked up until he got better.

***************************************************************************************************

Madam Lan became furious when one of her spies informed her that Sect Leader Lan had been taking their son to Yunmeng from time to time. "Xichen refuses to let me see my son yet allows those people spend time with him?!", JingFei hit the table with her palm. "Prepare a carriage, I'll be going there to take Lan HuiZhong back myself!", she ordered and got ready...

After a day or two she finally reached the pier. Truly, she saw Lady Jiang playing with Lan Jiang and a year old MuYun. "Mother!", Lan HuiZhong run when he saw his mother, wanting to embrace her. *Slap* Madam Lan did not hide her anger towards the boy. Jiang Ju quickly rushed to Lan Jiang.

"Are you going mad! How could you hit your son like this, and in public...Do you not realize that HuiZhong is the future Sect Leader of Gusu!", Jiang Ju said.

"What happens in the future will be by my choice. There is no way this thing I called son will be Sect Leader if I have another...And I will make sure I do! Now where is my husband.", JingFei spat out.

Jiang Ju was stunned by the woman's words but only focussed on consoling Lan Jiang

Jiang Ju was stunned by the woman's words but only focussed on consoling Lan Jiang. "I said where is he!!...You're a disappointment Lady Jiang. After all the letters I sent to you about what goes on between your husband and mine, you still allow them to be alone! Do you not love Sect Leader Jiang or are you also having an affair with my husband.", Madam Lan brooded on her anger.

Lady Jiang helped HuiZhong up, "A'Jiang, take your brother inside...I need to discuss something with your mother." She smiled to let the boy know everything will be alright. Dejectedly, the boy left with MuYun.