Chapter 55

Wei Ying looked back and forth at his husband and then his nephew, waiting for a reply. "How come both of you are so quiet...What don't you want me to find out?... Jin Rulan!", Wei Ying made his nephew flinch.

"Uncle, it's about Aunt Ju."

Lan Wangji's eyes stayed glued to the young man, gulping from the tension in his jaw. Rulan sighed and bravely faced his uncle. "Wei Wuxian, you see...Aunt Ju...Aunt Ju was delivered of a girl a few weeks ago but..." Jin Ling took a last peek at Hanguanjun and continued. "...but Hanguanjun refused to tell you because of your condition. Aunt understood but she really wished you could have spent a few days with her before the child is given a name."

By the time he was done, Wei Ying was already enthused about meeting his niece. "Lan Zhan, how could you!! Now Ju must think I'm helpless...We must go to Yunmeng at once!", Wei Ying glared daggers at his husband. 

A few hours later in the Jingshi...

"Lan Zhan ah, ahhhhhhh I want to see my niece right nowwww. Take me to Yunmeng, Pleaseee!", Wei Ying moped and refused to eat anything no matter how hungry he was.

"My love, I'll take you there in a few days.", Lan Wangji could not win him over with candied fruits either. Lan HuiZhong was also not helping matters when he joined his Wei Xiong in the protest and got upset with his Uncle.

"No, I want to go now...Our baby wants to see her too.", Wei Ying was overly dramatic and he knew it but he didn't care as long as he got what he wanted. Lan Wangji was distraught. He was helpless until Sizhui whispered something into his ears.

"Wei Ying, do you want me to get Xiao Jiayi? She can calm you down...", Lan Wangji began.

"Huh?", Wei Ying became alert. Of late Jiayi scolded him a lot whenever he behaved like a spoiled brat. She was the only one that could boldly rebuke him when he was going overboard and stressing his family. These days she threatened to stick needles in his skin and put him to sleep if he gave Wangji any more sleepless nights. Of course, Wei Ying was obedient in her presence but when the cat is not around, the mouse is free to play. And Lan Wangji dare not report him. 

"Aunt got new needles and other tools for your sake.", Lan Sizhui chipped in.

"nee...needles?", Wei Ying stopped sobbing at once. "Mn. Sizhui, you should send her a signal.", Wangji was very convincing

"Wait wait wait...Lan Zhan, I think I'm better now. Baby's fine...When will you take me to see my niece? Remember we have to pick a name for her.", Wei Ying switched obediently. Had it not been for the current situation, Sizhui would have had a good laugh. 

"A few days...", Wangji bought some time. "Wei Ying, eat.", The Jade gained control again.

******************************************************************************************

Zewujun kept to his words and took care of Jiang Cheng without doing anything inappropriate. Given that he had a pregnant wife at home he decided to let Wangji run his affairs while he made time for both parties. Going back and forth was hard but he was determined. 

His task became more tedious when JingFei's spies notified her about the death of Lady Jiang. Madam Lan became spiteful and afraid. Now there would be no one stopping Xichen from going after the person he desired. Therefore she took her Husband's act of kindness and affection toward her to be false. "He's only doing it to hide their relationship.", she constantly told her maidservants whenever Xichen prevented her assassination attempts from succeeding. 

In the beginning, Jiang Wanyin could not look at his daughter without pain and some form of anger but Sect Leader Lan was there to guide him until he could accept the child as another blessing from Ju.