Chapter 28

*Note*, I've replace the name Baoshen Sanren with 'BS' or 'Grandmaster'.

(In the beginning)

Telling his Grandmother what brought him to her sect revealed a lot of things to ZhiHao and the Chen siblings. They were lost for words on all the things Wei Ying had endured in two lifetimes. Wei Ying realized his Grandmother also knew of his existence and once searched for him when he lost his parents. Had the Jiangs not taken him in, he may have grown up by her side.

BS, "Take him to the Black Pearl...Wei Ying will begin training after three days. He needs to build a new core.",

"What?", Wei Ying's heart thumped when he heard her words. "No grandson of mine should be vulnerable...I'll explain things to you later", the Grandmaster went back to her seat and motioned the Chen siblings to do as told.

"This is where your mother lived when she was a disciple here... She designed it herself.", Chen Ping said when they reached a beautiful house on the west wing. Not only was the house huge and spectacular but it also lived up to it's name. The Black Pearl was sitting on a lake. It's ceiling black as coal with glossy wooden pillars. The insides were of the colour of the earth, with beautiful paintings on the walls. "What's that?", Wei Ying quickly sighted the marbled jars sitting under a shelf in the corner.

He took the first gulp when GuanYu confirmed his suspicion. Who knew his mother loved drinking as much as he did.

Chen Ping, "I'll come for you in the morning...There are about three rooms, so your friend can stay here as well...Or do you want us to take him elsewhere?"

Wei Ying, "No need...this demon is stuck with me."

The first day of training was pretty brutal. Wei Ying was introduced to the Pole of Endurance for the first time. For once he wished he was rather stuck with the 4001 rules in Gusu. At least they did not have to practice their handstands on a forty feet training dummy. The pole stood up like a straight tree with branches. The aim was to build on speed and stamina no matter the height. It came in handy in the floating world.

"Come on, it's easier than you think...", ZhiHao laughed as he watched Wei Ying struggle to keep up with the demonstrations.

Everyday there was another challenge that he had to conquer and he got beat up most of the time since using tricks and dark magic was forbidden for now.

(Present Day)

Wei Ying knew this place was different from the mortal world but he had no idea how time worked here. To him it had only been a about six months since he left Gusu, but in actual fact a year and a half had passed. In order to escape his grandmother's threat he worked extra hard and trained even at night when he was restless. One evening he was intercepted by another disciple who saw him training when everyone else was asleep.

"Training at night is not advisable...", the disciple stood beneath the pole. "Oh, I didn't think it'd be a problem.", Wei Ying said from the third plank.

"You wont get better like this..."

"I think I will.", Wei Ying smiled and continued training. He practiced what he was thought as he fought his way up, not minding the person's advice. In an attempt to execute another flip and kick, he hit his ankle hard at the edge of another plank and tripped. Wei Ying tried grabbing onto the next plank below but his nails could not hold and he came tumbling down halfway through. Rather than the hard floor he felt the strong hands of a man catch him.

" Like I said, you wont get better like this.", the man looked down at him.

"That was just an accident, you can let me down now.", Wei Ying gave a nervous smile. "Aish!", he felt a sharp pain when his feet touched the ground and the man grabbed onto him again. "Your foot is hurt...Let me help."