Chapter 83

Author's note🙈:

Aww, I can't believe it's finally done. This journey has been amazing and I'm glad you made it with me. There were ups and downs along the way but I had wonderful readers and people I dare call friends who encouraged me to the end. 

Thank you @Jasmineinthesummer for staying up with me so many nights, holding up the fire, guiding me when I broke down or missed a step. And to think that I may have never found you without this story makes me overwhelmed. I love you so much, my Silvery Moon. 

To @edzooc8r, and other amazing readers and writers I've not mentioned, I would like to say thank you for being that guardian staying with me from the very beginning and motivating me with comments and votes even when I felt I didnt deserve them. You're a gem. 

There are many more incredible readers who deserve my thanks. I may not have mentioned names but know that you made this story a success.

We're already past 148 K reads and 7k votes. 

Feel free to ask questions, and don't forget to comment and vote.

Now...off we go to the fun Extra Chapters! I'll be updating as often as I can so keep an eye out for them. Yay! 🙈😍❤😆🥰🤭

Enjoy...

***********************************

As the groom's best friend, Jin Rulan had to be at Ouyang Baling two weeks before the wedding. Zizhen would nag him if he came later.

Jin Rulan started his trip earlier, renting an entire Inn for the night whenever he had to rest along the way.

He was heavily guarded and didn't mind stepping out for fresh air. 

The night was exceptionally sombre this evening. A plain sky with few stars and no moon. The wind was kind and gentle on his face, tingling the small hairs on his skin.

Jin Rulan sighed; a hand fixed behind him as he took an evening stroll within the confines of the Inn. The crickets were loud and the lanterns swayed brightly. It was peaceful and beautiful but the man's mind wasn't at peace. There was someone out there he yearned for, someone who had still not been found.

'Where the hell are you Jingyi?', Rulan tried to change his thoughts but it was no use: his heart needed that person so bad. He wondered if the Lan disciple would ever come back and how long he had to wait.

Master Jin had lowered his head, staring at the dark greens hidden under the nightshade when a sack fell over his head.

Jin Ling sprung to action immediately, going in for his sword, but a kick on the back of his knee sends him to the ground. Yet he found a way to push his weight up and head-butt the assailant. Hearing light footsteps fall two steps back, Jin Ling threw his fist and he didn't miss.

"There's an intruder!", one disciple sounded the alarm. Soon Rulan's men came pouring in like ants to apprehend the masked person.

Jin Ling pulled the sack off his head and rose to his feet, panting. His men helped him dust his robes and gave him his sword.  

Jin Ling knits his brow," Who sent you?", his voice was low, yet bustling with anger when he turned to the man in a black outfit. The person was silent, breathing when he was propped on his knees rashly, a sword pointing at his neck.

"...", With a nod from their Master, they yanked off the cloth around the attacker's face.

*Dudum!*

Jin Ling's heart exploded in his chest. He stood there, gawking at the person.

" Leave us.", Two words came out after the long stare.