Chapter 77

"I'm not finished with you.", Madam Lan hopped onto Sect Leader Jiang's back. Her legs firmly latched onto his body while her hands worked tirelessly- trying to tie the guqin string around his neck.

" Crazy...bitch!...*pant*", Jiang Cheng had his hands up front, keeping the weapon away from his head. The room continued to spin and his balance was failing. It all happened so suddenly he had no moment of rest.

Madam Lan screeched as she heaved all her might into that string. Though her flesh began to bleed and the man banged her frail body against the walls, Jingfei worked with the pain until Jiang Cheng trips and lands on his back.

"Fuck!", The man cried when the silver string cut his wrist. The next thing it touched is his adam's apple. And that was the curtains drawing down on a pitiful struggle.

The first spew of blood as metal sank into flesh was like a broken fountain gushing out at day. A few red got on Jingfei's face as she stayed resilient. Her rage found pleasure in hearing the man choke to death.

Jingfei could not sever the head off. She was going to, but the pain in her fingers became unbearable, so she stopped. At least the man was dead.

*wheeze* *wheeze*

Jingfei pulled herself, crawling until Wanyin's weight was off her. And she stood above the body.
" I won, bastard! Ahhhhh!", She screamed. At last, her revenge is complete.

But then something felt wrong. Why was her soul still empty? Like she had done nothing good for herself.

"M...mother.", A boy's familiar voice echoed by the curtains which came up soon.

Madam Lan turned her neck, the silver string still hooked to her bleeding palm clinked when it touched the floor.

Two horrified people stared at her deed with eyes so wide they could fall out of their sockets.

" Fa...father is that...is that Uncle Cheng...", Huizhong looked at a shattered Xichen for answers that never came.

Tears drizzled down his face. "No! What did you do Mother...why?!", Lan Jiang shuddered; the stench of fresh blood and the gory sight made him clench his abdomen.

*Bleh*

" Son...", Jingfei flinched when the young one emptied his gut on the floor. His tiny body coughing and heaving violently as he wept.

" How could you do this? You promised to behave!", Huizhong slurred from dizziness.

"Son, he...he deserved it. He killed your grandmother!"

"Lies!!... *loud wails*...*gags and vomits*"

"Don't say such a thing. I didn't do it to hurt you...I.", Jingfei wiped the blood on her face and approached the boy.

" Don't touch me!... You're evil.", Huizhong flinched away from her touch.

"No A'Jiang...You can't say that to your mother...You..you love mother, you can't hate her.", Jingfei shuffled her knees forward.

" I take it back, I don't love you!", Huizhong pitched.

While mother and son dabbled in capsizing emotions, Lan Xichen could not take his gaze off the dead person lying in cold blood. He went numb.

He did not know how he walked there but his legs gave out as soon as he was close.

" Wanyin...", his hands shiver above the body as if it was locked away in a coffin he could not touch.

"My love...", Lan Xichen was afraid of the words he was about to say. He couldn't say it. How was he going to ask the dead not to leave him, not to abandon the happiness they will never have.
Xichen's eyes were tearless and bloodshot, as he watched Jiang Cheng's bloody grey that was left wide open in his final moments.