Extra 7: Grandmaster Of Payback

Wangji woke up calmly as usual. He turns to his spouse and notices Wei Ying was awake...or rather sleeping with half-lidded eyes. When he swipes those lids down gently, Wei Ying groans and says, "This is how your child wants me to sleep Wangji, leave me alone."

"Do you want to meditate with me, are you hungry?"

"Stop trying to make me eat, I've told you I can't digest anything."

Lan Wangji pulls the blanket down and rubs his wife's belly in a circular motion, "Morning sunshine. Your Father needs you to grow big and strong, so please eat for me," Wangji pecked his baby bump then sat up.

"Huh?... Well what do you know, I feel like having some sticky rice and hard-boiled eggs...Mnn, I could almost taste it on my tongue. *Gasp* So you're making me hungry because your father says so? This is not fair!" Wei Ying grouched. Lan Wangji laughed, slowly helping Wei Ying get out of bed to wash up.

"Are you ready?" Lan Wangji added some touches to Wei Ying's robe to make him comfortable.

"Are the in-laws gone?"

"No."

Wei Ying pulled his robes apart and messed up his neatly combed hair, "Ugh...Then I'm not ready."

Lan Wangji sat beside him with a grin, "We'll have to face them sooner or later, my love."

"Gege, can we just cast a spell and make them disappear? I promise I won't complain afterwards," Wei Ying whined. His silliness draws a chuckle out of Lan Wangji. For the past few days, there's been tension in their home. Lan Qiren and Baoshan Sanren: two tigers with a reputation for being bossy. Oddly, Qiren often lost the chance to out best the Senior. Wei Ying understood his grandmother's actions but why make him choose sides in their arguments?

"Lan Zhan, let's go on a trip till they leave."

"No my love," Wangji got the comb and brushed through Wei Ying's hair again.

"Be reasonable Lan Zhan, I nearly got exposed as the Yiling Lauzu. Thank god Xing is not that smart at reading a room, how will I explain that I've been lying to him all these years!"

"Xing and Xiang are bound to find out someday, Wei Ying."

"Waaaah, Lan Wangjiiii... You're not listening!" Wei Ying sobbed and shed crocodile tears. He sneakily lifts his hands when Lan Wangji isn't looking and pulls his hair into another catastrophic situation. Lan Wangji teased his spouse with a laugh when he lowers his height to wipe the childish pouting off with a kiss. "You look adorable today baby bunny."

"What did you just..."

"Let's go Wei Ying."

"But my hair is messy," Wei Ying looks up with innocent kitten eyes, waiting for Wangji to fall for the bait.

"I will fix it when we get outside."

"Huh? But I want it done here Wangji, that's is inappropriate."

"I'll just let it loose. You look so pretty with your hair down Madam Lan." Lan Wangji combs Wei Ying's hair down and brushed the left partition behind his ear, then he secures it with a cute hair clip.

"Sheesh! What a flirt," Wei Ying was all buttered up and led outside, waddling like a penguin.

Lan Yongzheng's assumption became quite solid. He was however baffled that Yongming had not realized the truth about their mother. Well, his brother will never perceive anything. To Lan Xing, their mother is as vulnerable as the white rabbits in the Cloud Recesses.

It's not that Yongzheng thinks that his mother might be evil, he only believes that there is more to Wei Ying than just the image of a sweet man who nursed them with care. An extraordinary story behind his smiles.
There were so many ways Xiang could conclude his investigations but he had one last stop to make. His Grandmother's...