Chapter 11

After five years of seclusion, Lan Xichen finally found a reason to smile. Although he did it for his brother, he felt now that he made the right choice. After speaking with Sect leader Jiang at Jinlintai, his mind gradually became calm and finally accepted the tragic end of Sect Leader Nie and JinGuanYao. Anytime the toxic thoughts of how his sworn brothers died came crawling in, he wanted to see that Sect Leader again. After several visits Lan Xichen could not stay away and believed he may have found another sworn brother.

On the other hand, Jiang Cheng found it annoying when he could not shake one of the two Jades of Lan off. It was no news that he did not like Lan Wangji. He used to blame him for some things that happened in the past; Like punishing his brother for breaking a few rules and then causing that same brother to trigger the early destruction of his sect. Aside that when his brother returned, this same Wangji protected him and then took him away even when they forgave each other.

Lan Xichen would always appear unannounced and Jiang Cheng would be forced to host him. After a few more visits he embraced the company of the aggrieved sect leader. 'Why wont he stop bothering me!...Best to let him see the best things about Yunmeng.' Jiang Cheng thought to himself while staring at Xichen at lunch. He would occasionally roll his eyes and sigh silently. The other would just smile and pretend he did not notice it. Soon, Sect leader Jiang had his disciples make a plan of some activities he could do when Lan Xichen haunted him like a ghost in his own home. Most of them were night hunts and site seeing.

Carrying two Sects on his shoulders, Jiang Cheng had to put up a scary front but he soon realized that he could not refuse ZewuJun no matter how hard he tried. "Why wont he stay in his own sect!" He would curse whenever he did something new in his Sect to impress the other. Jiang Cheng did not want to lose any face.

With Time he began to warm up to Lan Xichen and looked forward to his visits. The duo's night hunts and exploits brought him so much fun and some kind of peace. Lan Xichen even began to help him with his hold over Jinlintai and his workload became less. In the end he found that he did not feel so lonely when Lan Xichen was around.

"Sect leader Jiang...", Lan Xichen appeared as usual. However, instead of a hidden eye roll, he was received with a bright smile from Sect Leader Jiang.

Jiang Cheng, "ZewuJun, no need for formalities... Why are you here?"

Lan Xichen smiled, "I wanted to know if you wanted to go night hunting with me."

Jiang Cheng, "ZewuJun..."

Lan Xichen," Please, call me Xichen."

Jiang Cheng sighed with a bright smile, " Lan Xichen, today we're having a festival. Its similar to the festival of Lanterns but slightly different. We use it to mark the rebirth of our Sect after the Wens destroyed it. Today we celebrate the sacrifice my family made."

The smile on his face faded and so did Lan Xichen's. It hurt him to see Jiang Cheng sad.

Xichen, "Jiang Cheng, I'm sure your brother would love to be here with you."

Jiang Cheng's smile slightly came up again and he chuckled, "As if that piece of woo- I mean Hanguanjun, would let Wei Ying out of his sight.". He averted his gaze.

Lan Xichen, "Wangji is only worried..."

Jiang Cheng, "Don't bother defending him. I'll take it that he sent you here in my brother's stead even though we both know he has no idea you're even here.". He unconsciously rolled his eyes. Lan Xichen laughed and his smile could barely fade.

Indeed the day was filled with fun activities and events. There were boating and archery competitions of which Jiang Cheng and Xichen presided over. In the evening, lanterns were sent into the night sky like a thousand stars.