Chapter 78

Please forgive this Author for being shameless...I hope you read the first part with only one eye 🙈😳😓😑😒👁

************************************************************************

WangXian Estate...

Spring was here and the atmosphere was quite humid. Enough sunlight, a little less rain. More work, less time for family.

Wei Ying complained to the boys about their father's absence. Sure, Lan Wangji was doing it for them, but he was beginning to miss his husband.

Their father would step out at dawn to supervise the work being done on the fields and then lock himself up in the study for more planning and paperwork. Sometimes he passed by to cradle the babies and compensate Wei Ying with a kiss or two, but nothing else.

Wei Ying began to grumble when Wangji started staying out late into the night. Wangji had his way of calming him but the problem did not stop.

Their home had changed in the past few weeks all thanks to his Grandmother. And now his husband was more interested in becoming a busy bee inside the hive.

"See, he did not even show up for lunch...A'Xiang, A'Xing, I might lock your father up one of these days.", Wei Ying had the boys glued to his tits.

Paying attention to their mother's voice, the babies stared blankly as they suckled, nuzzling a few times whenever they felt a little short on supply.

" Huhu, Master Wei, if I may tell...why not go to your husband.", One of the nannies suggested.

"Hmm, won't that upset him?"

"He can't deny you if you insist on watching him work."

"...Okay, then get the cradles ready.", Wei Ying beamed...

***********************************************
Lan Wangji massaged his right wrist before dipping the wooden pen into ink.

He was tired but he understood it was a requirement of worth and success. His encounter with his inlaw confirmed that he had to do more for the ones he loved.

" Good, make sure it's where my husband can see us."

Hanguangjun raised his eyes to the ruckus as Wei Ying enters with the kids and situates himself without saying a thing.

The servants greeted and excused themselves on the Wife's directions.

Wangji, "Wei Ying, is something wrong?"

"Nothing, we just want to spend time with you.", Wei Wuxian replied.

Lan Wangji watched him struggle to put a sleepy baby in a cot while holding onto the other.
" Don't worry, I got this.", Wei Ying had heard him move.
Supporting the other's head, he sits properly on the mat and continues nursing.

Wangji resumes writing after a while. Well, until a soft whistle soared in the atmosphere.

He sighed, "My love, you'll wake the baby."

"Oh, right...", Wei Ying tuned down,  taking a peep at his husband after a minute. 'He didn't even ask me to draw closer. Tch, I hate this.', Wei Ying pouts and rolls his eyes.

" Aish!", he exclaimed when the baby gummed his nipple. During the wince, he catches the glimpse of a reaction. The jade was finally looking- out of concern, he presumed.

'Ohhh, I see.', Wei Ying narrowed his gaze with mischief.

Lan Wangji was startled when his partner exclaims again, this time with a hiss.