Chapter 13

Jing Ling roamed the Cloud Recesses looking for Lan Jingyi. Ever since their little incident, Jingyi had been avoiding him. He thought nothing of it in the beginning; so what if Jingyi did not talk to him during their night hunts, he did not need to put up with his constant yapping and hold backs anymore. Yet after sometime Jing Ling felt uneasy and could not sleep without thinking of him. When his Uncle told him he was going to Gusu to see Wei Ying, he found the perfect chance to see the other.

Just as he was about to give up search, he saw two familiar figures facing each other. Jing Ling frowned and thought, 'Do you have to let anyone touch you!'. Not far from his sight, Lan Sizhui was helping Lan Jingyi dress properly. Jing Ling found a way to get closer, itching to hear what they were talking about.

Sizhui, "Are you sure you can walk properly on your own...Let me carry you back." Sizhui felt Jingyi's cheeks and the other smiled bashfully.

Lan Jingyi, "No need, remember what Senior Wei did to me the last time I got sick after a night hunt..." Memories made him shudder, recalling Wei Wuxian's menacing laugh. His company also laughed at him for being so fragile. "You! Stop supporting him!" Jingyi gave Sizhui a playful hit on the shoulder all to Jing Ling's dismay.

"Shouldn't you be at a boring class or something...", Jing Ling finally revealed himself. He felt irritated seeing another person so close to Jingyi when he received nothing but rejection and a frown.

"Jing Ling, when did you get here...", Sizhui asked with a humble smile, only to receive a glare from the young man in gold coloured uniform. "We need to talk." He turned to Lan Jingyi who refused to give him any face.

Jingyi, "Master Jing, as you can see, I have to be somewhere... I don't have the energy to talk to arrogant people who don't now how to be polite even in someone else's home."

Jing Ling, "Hmph! Like I care what you think.". He reached out and grabbed Jingyi by the collar.

Sizhui, "Jingyi!... Be gentle Jing Ling, he's recovering from food poisoning."

Jing Ling held onto him properly when Jingyi wobbled backward. The latter felt a little dizzy but he still fought his way out Jing Rulan's arms and went to Sizhui. "Sizhui, I think you should take me back. I suddenly feel worse than before!" he said with his eyes strongly fixed on Jing Ling.

Sizhui, "Mnn"

Without delay, Sizhui carried Jingyi on his back and headed back to the latter's chamber so he could lie down. Jing Ling stood there feeling ashamed with his words stuck in his throat. How come he's upset with himself?

After making provision for Jing Ling, Jiang Cheng left Gusu with Wei Wuxian by his side. On their way to the Lotus Pier Wei Ying put up a lot of acts and got scolded by his brother several times. Wei Ying settled down when they finally arrived and joined his brother for dinner. That night as they talked over some drinks and nuts, Wei Ying found out everything he needed to know about what happened between his brother and his brother in law. After moping and sobbing, Wei Ying broke the depressing atmosphere by mocking Jiang Cheng.

Wei Ying, "Pffft.. Hahahahaha. You? You got played by Lan Xichen."

Jiang Cheng, "Shut up before I send you back to the grave!!"

Wei Ying, "The Sandu ShengShao of Yunmeng got played by a handsome man! This is gold...hahaha... Ah, ah hey watch it, Lan Zhan needs me in one piece!".

Wei Ying run around the compound with a jar of emperor smile and a cup in hand. Jiang Cheng chased after him throwing objects as he cursed at his mischievous senior brother.

Jiang Cheng " Take that you freaken zombie lord!" He threw a cup at Wei Ying.

Wei Ying, "Jiang Wanyin!...You gave me a hard time because of Wangji... You called us disgusting, now here you are crying over his brother. Hahaha... You're totally whipped... Ain't Karma a bitch...Hehehe"