Chapter 2

So this chapter might be a little long but hope you enjoy it :)

Wei Ying walked out of Lan QiRen's quarters not knowing what to do or exactly how to feel about the old man's words. So far, the emotions he easily recognized were that of anger, pain and regret. The rest, he could not really tell.

But Above everything else, he felt something that was very much present in his past life. And that was 'guilt'. Wei Ying was reminded of all the things he felt guilty for even when they were not entirely his fault. Like losing his family from Yunmeng and the Wen people he fought so hard to protect.

Wei Ying paid no attention to the juniors that greeted him...It was not intentional, the mind was brooding else where. After sliding past one or two trees, Wei Ying began to run. He jumped over one or two rocks and leaped high up into the sky,testing how much the body he received had grown in spiritual energy. Wei Ying stopped when he reached the river closer to the mountains at the far end of the Cloud Recesses.

Picking up Chenqing, he began playing a tune or two to release some energy in an attempt to calm himself. Deep down, Wei Wuxian agreed with some things old Lan QiRen said. Lan Zhan was a cultivator worthy of the praise he got. The descendants of such a person would be expected to grace the world with greater things. "A miniature Lan Zhan or Wei Ying would be such a sight." Wei Ying muted to himself. He too would have loved to have a little one but now he was also hindering Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying could also tell that Lan Zhan was not against having children. Lan Wangji did not care that he was a man and could not give birth but there were times Wei Ying felt otherwise. His actions sometimes made Wei Ying feel like Lan Wangji wanted him to bear him a child. Wangji had developed the habit of hugging and kissing his belly. He would rest his head right below Wei Ying's chest and pinch the side of his waist gently.

Wei Ying recalled teasing Lan Wangji for always releasing inside him when they made love. 'Lan Zhan... Let me ask you a question. By coming inside of me every time, is it that you want me to bear a little Young Master Lan for you?... Ugh, if I could, with how much you fuck me all the time, there would've long since been a den of little ones running on the ground.'

Now, Wei Ying's own words haunted him.

"Master Wei." A voice called from behind and he turned. All dressed in white with a thin ribbon resting on his forehead was Lan Sizhui. He was among the juniors who greeted Wei Ying on his way to the forest.

Wei Ying, "What are you doing here, Sizhui?...No class?"

Lan Sizhui shook his head and asked, "Master Wei, is everything alright?"

Wei Ying was startled, had he given himself away on his way to the forest?

"Why that question, Sizhui?", he forced a smile.

Lan Sizhui, "Well...Master Wei did not respond when we greeted him as he usually does, and also..."

The young man drew closer to him and wiped something off his face gently with his fingers. Wei Ying was taken aback by the boy's actions. He did not notice the hot tears that had escaped from his eyes.

"Oh...This..." Wei Ying stammered.

There was suddenly a serious look on Lan Sizhui's face. One that sent chills. For a moment he felt like he was being starred at by Wen Qing and it brought back a nostalgic feeling. He wondered if he was going to get scolded for buying potatoes instead of what he had been asked to. Wei Ying chuckled, "Hmp....Why do you have to give me this look..."

Sizhui smiled.

Wei Ying, "Sizhui, I know you love Hanguanjun like a father... In my past life you used to treat me like a brother or Uncle."