Extra 9(A): Incense Burner II

Watching Lan Wangji raise a Wei was a journey Wei Ying did not see coming

Watching Lan Wangji raise a Wei was a journey Wei Ying did not see coming. At just five months Lan Wangji was practically the boy's night and day, giving him all the love Wei Ying was yet to know he could give to a child. No one was allowed to upset Yulong, not even his mother. On most days Lan Wangji took over the baby's needs, only giving him to Wei Ying to feed. Everywhere Wangji went, Yulong was plastered to his chest like his favourite book or crawling around his robes. 

"Come on little dragon, put on a mean face and let it out," Lan Wangji stumbled upon mother and child in an awkward discussion instead of bath time. Wei Ying moved the baby's legs in a circular motion, rubbing his smooth tummy intermittently. 

"What's the matter?" Wei Ying had a way of getting their son to comply that Lan Wangji often ridiculed. 

"Nothing weird, just trying to get your son to empty his bowels. He hasn't gone for days and it's unsettling. Isn't it, little dragon?... You're making your mother worry about a little turd." Wei Ying kept shaking the boy's chubby legs. Apple juice often did the trick but this time it's taken longer. 

When Lan Wangji stands next to Wei Ying, Yulong's face peaks into an adorable toothless smile. He flaps his arms excited then tries to shove his fist in his mouth. "Lan Zhan, help me convince him to push."

Lan Wangji turned to his spouse, chuckling. "How do I do that, Master Wei, the poop instructor."

Wei Ying's eyes sharply fell on Wangji, bewildered, "Really, now you'd make fun of me?"

"Mn," Wangji did not deny it. Wei Ying tells his significant other to follow his lead and help him deal with the current crisis. Wei Yulong became confused. The grown-ups were growling and frowning at him like idiots. Lan Wangji was not sure how to pull a mean face but he could say he tried.

"Lan Zhan, you're not doing enough!" Wei Ying gave Wangji a light punch on the shoulder. That bit surprised the baby because he wriggled and cried out with a cute 'yaaaa!'

Wei Ying did not want to believe his baby was cussing at him for hitting Lan Wangji. But why not test that theory. So he hit Lan Wangji again, harder this time. And once more Yulong squirmed in effect. 

"Stop hitting me," Lan Wangji held Wei Ying's hand when things got crazier. 

"Bear with it a little longer, he squeezes his face when I do this. He might push it out soon enough... act like it hurts,"

"It does."

"Well tell that to your son, not me." Wei Ying stayed true to the task until it turned into a couple's playful scuffle with Wangji. Yulong stayed on the mat, wiggling with energy. The couple were lost in each other briefly, laughing so hard they nearly missed the sound of their son's hard work. Of course, the smell brought them back to earth. 

"Finally, a fart with a lump in it!" Wei Ying cheered for his little man. "The smell, however, is not of this world I tell you," Wei Ying teared up. Wangji had more to laugh about as the young master was rewarded with a much-needed bath.