Chapter 14

(Two and a half years ago...)

It had just rained. The afternoon was filled with a cool breeze and the sweet smell of earth. Wei Ying would have loved to sleep in with Lan Wangji and cuddle but his husband was busy, so he decided to visit Wen Ning and Sizhui tagged along. Some weeks ago Wen Ning had asked for a favour. "I want to be more human, and be able to do things normal men do.", was what he said and Wei Ying thought it reasonable. After all, his initial plan was to help Wen Ning live a normal life. Since he was free today, he thought he would slap some talisman on the Ghost general. It would make him weak but at least it would be for a good cause.

The first thing to greet them when they entered the compound was the aroma of something delicious. Wei Ying and Sizhui sniffed the air proudly as their bellies started to grumble. "Sizhui, I think we came at the right time.", Wei Ying said as he brushed the tip of his nose with his finger. "Mn" Sizhui replied with a smile.

"Hurry, he must be in the kitchen." Wei Ying quickened his steps. He wanted more spices in whatever the Ghost general was preparing and Sizhui followed hopping to stop him. "Oh, sorry..." The boy bumped into Wei Ying when he suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" Sizhui asked as he moved aside. He shook his senior gently when he noticed the other's mouth was wide open, with an excited look on his face; like he had seen a chest full of gold. Curious, the boy also looked in that direction. He quickly covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing.

"A' Yuan are we both seeing the same thing?", Wei Ying lowered his voice. "I think we are..." The boy replied with his hand still over his lips. "Is this what your uncle meant by 'things normal men do?'" Wei Ying gasped, feeling his own face turn pink from his lewd thoughts. "Wh...What?" Lan Sizhui was also having the same indecent thoughts and blushed like the other.

Over at the open kitchen area was Wen Ning cooking, with Jiayi right behind him. The former scooped out some of the food with a ladle, blew on it clumsily and sent it toward the smiling female. She also welcomed the contents into her mouth. "Ouch!...", Jiayi touched her lips in pretence and Wen Ning panicked. "Are you alright..." The man drew closer innocently, trying to comfort her and she took that as an opportunity to peck him on the lips. Wen Ning smiled lightly, looking downwards as Jiayi giggled and laughed at him.

Wei Ying slowly backed up, grabbing the junior by the hand till they made it to the main entrance again.

Wei Ying, "Yes! Sizhui, you're getting an Aunt... A total badass at that."

"Finally!", Sizhui threw courtesy to the wind and did a victory dance with Wei Ying, jumping and bumping fists while trying to keep their voice on the low. "Come, lets celebrate with some wine.", Wei Ying grinned from ear to ear.

Sizhui, "Senior Wei, I'm not suppose to drink, Hanguanjun will..."

Wei Ying, "Aish! Forget little fuddy-duddy. You're not allowed to drink in the 'Cloud Recesses'... We are 'Not' at the Cloud Recesses... Kid, you don't want to be helpless like your Hanguanjun when he drinks. I have to toughen you up now. You're drinking and that's final!". He draped his hand over Sizhui's shoulder.

Sizhui, "Mn...Will we come back?"

Wei Ying, "Of course! I wouldn't miss a chance to eat your Uncle's food...". The two walked out feeling excited.

Indeed they did come back just in time to eat. Sizhui was drunk and Wei Ying had to constantly direct him on where to use a spoon and when to pick up a chopstick. Wei Ying chuckled in a silly way as Wen Ning and Jiayi starred at the two. He did not want to explain the situation at all. 'Damn it Kid, get yourself together...At least you were able to take five cups before getting drunk. You'll level up in no time.', He thought, feeling proud of the boy.