Chapter 74

The party searched for Jingfei for hours. They had to give up when the sun went down- no matter how much her son insisted on searching.

Huizhong felt sad and angry about losing an adult so easily. What would he tell his father if they didnt find her?

Knowing he had to act fast, the boy took a short trip to Wen Ning's to ask for help. Luckily for him, Sizhui had made an entrance with Jingyi not long ago.

"I'll send a flare to alert any disciple around. We will bring your mother home.", Sizhui said with an eased expression.

"No, dont light up the flares, Ge, this has to be done discreetly. Father might see it if he is on his way. He must not find out that Mother is missing."

Sizhui, "Huizhong, this is not something you can hide."

"If we find her there will be no need to tell... Mother wore a thin coat over her dress and she had no stone for money. What if she's cold and hungry.",  the boy's voice trembled with tears in his eyes.

The adults put up a fake smile to cheer him up. Huizhong did not deserve to go through this even if they disliked Jingfei.

"A'Jiang, I'll join your brothers in searching for her.", Jiayi wiped the boy's face. Huizhong nods, feeling a tint of relief. His aunt's abilities were no myths. He had seen some a few times.
"See, there's nothing to worry about. Have some sweets before you go to the Cloud Recesses.", her lips curved further...

Hours Later, Cloud Recesses...

Cuifen watched endearingly as her young Master dozed off in his mother's seat. She was impressed that Huizhong's vigil exceeded two hours past his bedtime.

'My poor Master, if only your mother was content with your love.', Cuifen carried him to the bed and lay his weight down gently.

************************************
WangXian...

The winds blew in their favour this night. Their babies rested after a day of constant demand, and they could also spend some time alone. Even if they dozed off as a result of exhaustion.

By midnight, Lan Wangji shook out of his slumber. The babies usually cried at this time of the night but there was total silence. Be it a fathers intuition or his sixth sense kicking in, Wangji was convinced that something was amiss. He would have woken his spouse but refrained from this- a sudden panic could make Wei Ying overreact.

So he slides out of bed stealthily and calls for his sword. Lan Wangji had no time to worry about draping a robe over his bare chest or tightening the string on his lover garment. What kind of father would he be if that mattered now.

Standing in front of the secret entrance, his brows furrowed. He could feel the presence: Someone or some-thing he was certain was not a servant, was in the baby's room. With a swift move, he tapped the door open and flew inside.

His first instinct was to attack, but how could he when the woman was carrying his son. The only option he had was to threaten her with Bichen's blade.

The woman tilted her head lightly, sizing up the tall man. A serious look flashed on her face as she evaluated the person's appearance.

"I would advise you put that sword away, son...", she walks around the blade fearlessly to sit on the bed by the cradle. "This is no way to treat your Senior.", she then looked up at Wangji with a small frown.

************************************
YunmengJiang, Lotus Pier...

It was Jiang Cheng's idea to go for a stroll with the children. Muyun was a big bowl of excitement with his godfather around and hardly left the man alone.