Chapter 52

"Lower him over there.", Wei Ying instructed once they found the nearest enclosure. He yelled at everyone to leave but Jiang Cheng and Ju stayed by his side. To everyone else outside, Hanguanjun was a lost cause but to Wei Ying, the tiniest signs of breath was a big deal.

He slapped a talisman on Wangji and picked up Bichen. The icy sword refused to budge. "No, not now...Wanyin, give me your sword!"

Jiang Cheng, "Wei Ying..."

Wei Ying, "Don't hesitate, just do it!"

With a single pull, Sandu was unsheathed and he took it. They watched as Wei Ying pulled open Lan Wangji's lapel until he could touch the bare skin on his chest. When Wei Ying picked up the sword Jiang Cheng wanted to protest. "Do you plan on turning him into a corpse?", He said and his brother seemed to have stiffened for a second.

"He's still breathing...", Wei Ying held the base of the blade and aimed it at his husband's chest.

Jiang Ju looked away when the tip slit through the skin without strain. She could hear Wei Ying sigh once blood escaped the cut; like it was a good sign. Once again Wei Ying did something mysterious and began to transfer spiritual energy to the Jade.

"Come on Wangji, you have to pull through. This is not the time for this.", He could feel his own body heat rising as he tried to use his core. Jiang Cheng had to shield his Lady from the blinding light. Wei Ying kept pouring until a hand suddenly grabbed his wrist.

"Stop this!"

He snapped out of the trance. "Wangji...", His eyes landed on the man holding on to him. Lan Wangji was frightened by the burning gold in Wei Ying's eyes. Such a change was never kind to their little one.

Jiang Cheng nearly lost his footing from the shock. "Ju, he's alright.", He gripped his wife tighter. Lady Jiang diverted her gaze to the couple and gasped. Lan Wangji was sitting up. He looked a little frail but he was alive and well.

"Lan Zhan, let me heal you completely.", Wei Ying tried to touch him but Wangji kept his hands away. "Wei Ying, your eyes have changed. It's too dangerous."

"Just a few more seconds, please...", The other pleaded. Seeing the soft look behind those colored eyes, Lan Wangji embraced him, "I'm alright Wei Ying, I just need to rest.". But Wei Ying was already doing what he wanted and soon Wangji fell asleep under his spell.

The worst was now over and Hanguanjun was taken to their room so he could rest. It was hard on Wei Ying but seeing Wangji's breathing normalize made him calm down. "Did you at least take care of the men responsible for this?", He glared at Jiang Cheng. 

Jiang Cheng, "..."

Wei Ying, "And the beast, Where was it?"

The room was tense. Jiang Cheng was cornered and he didn't have the words Wei Ying wanted to hear. Jiang Ju came in moments later with a few servants to help clean Wangji. "Brother-in-law, Hanguanjun is out of danger. You should take care of yourself and the baby.", Ju approached him and tried to pull him away. Wei Wuxian revered her too much to refuse, so he gently stood up and stepped out of the room.

"Sandu Sengshao, can we begin?", One of the servants bowed his head respectfully. The Sect leader nodded and left the room as well. Outside, Jiang Cheng sent for Li Qiang to convey a message. 

"Inform Sect Leader Lan about what happened..."

"Yes...But Master, we can solve this problem on our own...", Li Qiang was skeptical about bringing Gusu Lan Sect into this matter. 

"Li Qiang, Second Master Lan is Zewujun's brother. Don't say unnecessary things and just do your job. Make sure he knows how urgent it is.", Jiang Cheng frowned at his subordinate. He was already down in the dumps, the last thing he needed was being undermined.