Chapter Part 50

"Mother..."

The woman in her late forties inhaled the sweet fragrance of Jasmine in her tea as she sipped. Her thoughts going over her daughter's tale. It was her third visit since JingFei's distress letter reached her. Indeed Lan Shufen was enraged by the report of how Lan Xichen locked her daughter up and made her miserable. Had she known Zewujun would have been the opposite of what she perceived of him, that marriage would have never taken place.

Lan Shufen cut off JingFei's narrative when it got to the issue of Lan HuiZhong. "JingFei, Lan Xichen may have soiled your son by bestowing a cursed name upon him but he is still blood. That boy is not to be blamed for his father's mistakes.", She frowned.

"But mother..."

"Be quiet! No wonder I never see him when I visit. Lan HuiZhong is the heir of the Clan, have you lost your mind?", Shufen put down her teacup; a disapproving look locked on her only daughter.

"No...This child growing inside me should be the only heir of the clan. That brat is not welcome in my presence.", JingFei broke her calm nature.

Her mother chuckled. "A'Fei, know whom you're talking to.", Her dominant voice cooed. JingFei lowered her eyes, pursing her lips lest she said anything to upset her mother. Shufen smiled, cupping her precious daughter's face; her love and tenderness returned as she stroke JingFei's cheeks. Shufen had many sons but JingFei, her only daughter, had always been her number one priority, that's why she paired her with the most powerful man in their clan.

"Don't fret my dear, it is not healthy for the baby... If having Lan HuiZhong bothers you so much, then let me take him when your baby is born."

"Mother if I let you take that boy, then how will he suffer? I want A'Jiang to feel my pain by giving Lan Jun all the love he will never have. He has to see it with his own eyes when I put my baby on a pedestal and destroy the very image his father worked so hard to preserve for him.", Lan JingFei sobbed.

"Oh my precious child, I admire your strength...But instead of torturing my innocent Grandson, why don't you punish the person that stole your place. The actual person you hate the most.", Shufen let go of Madam Lan and sat up properly, her peach-colored dress breathes when she sighed. "I will help you... but in the end, you will release my first grandson to me.", Shufen said. JingFei bowed her head slightly and raised the corners of her lips. For now, she will make do with this...

***********************************************************************************************

They arrived at the pier not long after sunset. Well, they would have reached sooner if someone did not act hysterical along the way, demanding things the baby certainly wouldn't agree with. "Uncle!", Muyun run toward Wei Ying, ready to jump into his arms when Wangji blocked his path and picked him up instead.

"Hey, Lan Zhan! He clearly wanted to come to me.", Wei Ying pouted. "My love, you're not allowed to carry anyone heavier than the one inside.", Lan Wangji walked ahead, restricting himself from looking at Wei Ying's scrunched face. Ju and Cheng exchanged glances after that statement. Muyun kept stretching his hand toward Wei Ying over Wangji's shoulders.

"Come mother, let me help you.", Sizhui reached for his hand. "No no no, I brought you here to rest. It's your father that needs to do this.", Wei Ying grinned at his son then sharply turned to growl at Lan Wangji. The man felt that glare behind him.

Hanguanjun handed Muyun over to a servant. Eyes stuck on his brother's frame covered by a huge coat, "Why are you wearing that when you're already home?", Jiang Cheng asked. He and Jiang Ju had been waiting for the big reveal since that letter.