Chapter 51

Jiang Ju was happy to see her advice was taken. Wei Ying was washed out the following morning but he couldn't help grinning like an idiot. It was as if his brother in law was lost in a daydream. Wangji resumed caring for him and Jiang Cheng was finally hers again.

"Wei Ying, have you thought of a name for your baby?", Ju slipped in a few candied fruits when Wangji left with Jiang Cheng to see to a report. "Jie, we've only discussed it once.", Wei Ying took his first bite.

"Oh ok. Your brother told me you gave Jin Ling his name. Since you missed Muyun's birth, I was hoping you and Lan Wangji would pick a name for my child when he's born."

"He? You're certain it's a boy?", Wei Ying giggled. "Why not, aren't boys better?", Ju lowered his eyes.

"Hah...Sister-In-Law, I beg to differ. I love being a man but look at me now. I traveled to the ends of the world so I can be more like you and I still suck at it. Jiang Ju, I would be so happy if my baby is a girl...", Wei Ying finished one stick in no time and grabbed another one. "... I bet Lan Zhan would spoil her more than me and so would I. She could take care of her siblings and I can fix her hair every day like my Shijie, YanLi, thought me... When I have a daughter, she will break so many hearts and I will get a good reason to kill any man who so as much as breathes when she passes by.", Wei Ying smiled so sweetly it warmed Lady Ju's heart.

"Wei Ying, you want more children?"

"Of course Jie. I will have a whole plantation of them if I can.", Wei Ying laughed.

"Haha...In that case, why don't you pick two separate names for whichever gender the baby is?"

"Certainly...Lan Zhan would be honored. Where did they say they were heading again?", Wei Ying suddenly remembered his husband was not around him.

"Oh Wei Ying, you probably didn't hear anything with your head deep in the clouds. Must have been a good night then.", Jiang Ju winked and Wei Ying turned red. "Haha, your face changes color so easily.", Lady Jiang mocked him.

"Jieeee..."

"Alright, I'll stop. Lan Wangji went with Jiang Cheng to dispose of a few water ghouls. They shouldn't keep long.", Ju explained.

Lan Shufen took the liberty to do her daughter's bidding. Her plan at the moment was to get rid of Sect Leader Jiang and make it look like an accident. But then again she did her homework and found out her enemy was a formidable one. If she was going to get her target she needed to be more cunning.

Lan Shuffen took a short trip back home to put everything in place. JingFei needed rest and none of the details...

Lan Wangji was suspicious when there was no sign of water ghouls at the given location. "Could it be an abyss?", Jiang Cheng remembered something from decades ago.

Wangji, "..."

Li Qiang and the other disciples spread out over the lake and mounted spirit flags to draw the creatures to their boat. Jiang Cheng stood on the same boat as Wangji. That awkwardness between them had begun to fade.

" It's interesting how the tides change...At least now there's no Wei Ying to cause trouble.", Jiang Cheng strived to make small conversations.

"Mn.", Wangji answered monotonously.

"Sandu Shengshau, I see something coming our way!", One of the disciples cried out. They turned their eyes to where the ghoul was spotted but there was nothing.

"That's odd, there seems to be noth...", A great splash came from a different direction. The boat carrying three disciples behind them was suddenly flung into the air. "Wh, what the hell is that thing?". Li Qiang's mouth dropped when they caught sight of the creature. The other men trembled.