Chapter 56

"You've been hiding this from me all the while?", Wei Ying sniffed, sorrowful in countenance. Lan Wangji recollected himself to be assertive even if Wei Ying was sure to get upset with his reasons. 

"Hanguanjun... You deceived me so well."

"Wei Ying..."

"I'm going to Wen Ning's." The former said; holding his breath together in search of a better rhythm as he moved away from the Jade with slow steps. Lan Wang reached forth to hold him but the glare he received made him cease. The other's eyes had already changed and he need not provoke him the more by standing in his way. So he watched him leave at a snail's pace.

Although he treads alone, the Yiling Patriarch knew Hanguanjun would keep a reasonable distance. Wangji will not let him be alone at a time like this...

************************************************************************************

Years ago...

ZhiHao explained himself to Wen Qing once they put Wei Ying to sleep. Even though it sounded unreal, doing such things was a trait Wei Ying had- always attempting the impossible. When she heard the part about the twin Jade of Gusu, she smiled. "I always thought Hanguanjun was being strange and too protective of someone the world assumed he despised..." She said.

"Wei Ying has to remember who he is and return to his body.", ZhiHao accepted the drink offered by the female. "What is this, it tastes really good.", he took another gulp.

"It's a tea made from a special herb. Here everything tastes different- it is better...I fed some to Wei Ying in his slumber; it will help with his bad memory...but you have to get him out of here before he is discovered by the fairies. Both of you do not belong here. For now.", Wen Qing sat back down. 

At night Wei Ying attempted to escape and got chased down by Zhihao and the host. Wei Ying managed to get far enough to almost get noticed by the beings Wen Qing talked about. "But they're tiny.", ZhiHao commented. His hand still holding Wei Ying's mouth together as they hid in a bush. "That is their true form. Once they come into contact with something that breached the gap forcefully, they will grow bigger and arrest it."

Zhihao, "Hmm, how do you know?"

"You managed to get in, didn't you? And I may have tried to leave in search of my brother. My soul was at peace because I thought he was with me but that wasn't the case when I arrived. 

"Mnnnnn!"

The demon felt a burn in his palm and he immediately let go of the man. "Are you crazy, I could not catch my breath!" Wei Ying frowned, massaging his jaw. "Wei Wuxian, stop being childish and let's go back to my place. I will take you somewhere else later.", Wen Qing said sternly and grabbed him by the wrist. ZhiHao was amused by the scene. It looked like a sister scolding his younger brother. The woman did not waver nor show any weakness to a man that powerful.

"Drink this.", Wen Qing handed him another dose. "What's wrong?", ZhiHao asked at the other's confused look after emptying the content. Wei Ying, "This tastes very familiar..."

Wen Qing, "That's not possible, the ingredients cannot be found in the human world."

"Unless...Wei Ying, do you remember anything?" ZhiHao hoped his friend was telling the truth. " ZhiHao, of course, I know who you are but... Where are we?", Wei Ying responded then grabbed his head in the end.

 "It's working but not quite there yet...I added sleeping pills. Let him lie down, I'll feed him more when he wakes.", Wen Qing said when Wei Wuxian could not recognize her. She picked up the small bowl and left the men in the room.