Chapter 1

"Wei Ying...Time to wake up." Lan Wangji brushed the dishevelled hair on his husband's face to the side. The latter moaned, pleased with his touch.

"Lan Zhan, just five more minutes." Wei Ying embraced his arm, gently pulling him unto the bed to snuggle. "Uncle wants to see us. Best not to be late." Wanghi whispered into his love's ear.

Wei Ying was never one to wake up early anyway, so it did not bother Wangji when Wei Ying flipped him over swiftly and lay on his chest. "Okay, but just five more minutes." He said.

"Mm", Lan Zhan replied, giving in to his wishes as usual.

The Gusu Lan Sect had been bursting with drama ever since Hanguanjun returned to the Cloud Recesses with Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch, as his partner in cultivation. More often, the drama came from old Lan QiRen who had still not gotten used to their union. Lan QiRen even went as far as adding more rules to the Lan set of rules to prevent the juniors from associating with his son-in-law.

It never bothered Wei Ying when the old man gave him cold glares, and he always had his way with helping the juniors in secret during night hunts. The young ones also adored him for his practical and bone chilling lessons. Wei Ying knew when to lend a hand, and when to let them suffer for their own good. Much to their dislike, in the beginning, he would let them face scary ghouls and monsters on their own while he drank Gusu's Emperor's smile and watched from a very short distance. "Attempt the impossible!" He always told them with a serious look when they begged for unnecessary help.

Lan Wangji was pleased to see him night hunt with the juniors. He believed Wei Ying was a very good teacher and would have been an excellent one if his uncle allowed him to conduct official lessons but heaven knows Lan QiRen would never agree to that. Wei Ying was too wild and barely followed rules. These days he wondered if his partner missed the Yunmeng Jian Sect, as he often recited the sect's motto to the juniors when teaching.

The couple bowed to Lan QiRen and took their seats. The old man would swiftly look at Wei Ying with scorn and then retreat to stroke his goatee once or twice. He picked up the tea Wangji poured for him and drunk it earnestly. He needed to clear his throat for what he was about to say.

"Wangji, it has been five years since the cultivation world was faced with another calamity... First, it was JinGuanYao's betrayal and treachery. Then..." He paused to take another look at Wei Ying.

"There was the return of the Yiling Patriarch, Wei Wuxian, who also became your partner in cultivation."

As the old man spoke, Wei Ying could not help but be amused; Who was he referring to as a calamity to face the cultivation world?

"Your brother, Xichen has secluded himself since JinGuanYao's incident and has not fulfilled his duty as clan leader for some time. Now that he's in low spirits, the duty of the clan leader has fallen on your shoulders, yet you also ignore your it as well." Lan QiRen said.

"Uncle, how can I make amends?", was the reply Wangji gave after the complains. He was not one who took to arguing and he believed his Uncle had his reasons for making that statement.

"You have to produce a disciple." Lan QiRen replied with a straight face.

A string was struck in Wei Ying's heart when Lan QiRen said that. What does Old Lan want now? To rub it in my face that I cannot give Wangji a child?... The thought lingered longer in Wei Ying's mind. But he did not give away his discomposure and held a thick face. His eyes hopelessly looked at the tea before him. He had lost the energy to drink it.

"I already have a disciple...Lan Yuan." Lan Wangji said.

The old man shot another glare at Wangji and said with determination, "I'm not talking about an adopted child, Wangji, you have to make sure your father's bloodline is not ended.

Wei Ying's heart began to throb painfully within him. He put up a fake smile, eyes still on his cup of tea.

"What would you have me do, Uncle?" Lan Wangji probed further. His usual impassive expression did not show any emotions.

"You either mate with another... Or you annul your marriage to Wei Wuxian and marry a woman." Lan QiRen replied, averting his gaze from the two.

Wei Wuxian finally looked up, shocked. He was angry and hurt by Lan QiRen's words. Lan Wangji could feel his uneasiness when he looked at his beloved from the side. He turned to his Uncle and gave his answer, "Impossible... Can not... Will not." he replied with his usual cold visage.

Lan QiRen became furious and raised his voice at his nephew, forgetting the Lan rules he always forced on his students. "Lan Wangji!...I have tolerated this long enough, hoping you would wake up from this madness."

"Uncle...Let brother Xichen give you those children when he gets married." Lan Wangji did not break from character, giving off a cold still expression. This time his hand unconsciously gripped tightly unto Bichen for control.

"And what if your brother is not able to?... Either ways I expect both of you to produce future leaders of the sect not, just one of you!" The old man sighed heavily and calmed himself down. He then turned to his son-in-law. "I'm sure young Master Wei will agree with me that what I say is true and not hinder you from living up to your family's expectations." Lan QiRen said coldly with a surprising smirk.

Wei Ying, who's eyes had been on Lan QiRen seemed to have been pushed to a corner. His eyes now turned lightly pink as he forced his tears back. He had reached his limit and was worried he may say or do something that would cause Wangji to lose face in front of his Uncle. Slowly, he got up, bowed and turned to leave.

"Wei Ying" Lan Wangji called tenderly and the man stopped. "Where are you going?" Wangji asked.

Wei Ying just turned his head slightly to the seated men and replied almost authoritatively, "To my husband's room, Jingshi"

After the words were forced out his lips, the young man clad in black walked out. Lan Wangji, still frozen in his seat, kept on gripping his sword tighter than before. How would he comfort Wei Ying after such humiliation. A storm was raging within Lan Wangji; one that had been masked with respect for his Uncle and teacher.

Hope you enjoyed this. Do let me know in the comments what you think. I'll post the next chapter soon enough. See you soon dear WangXian Baby ;)