Extra 8: A Lan's Little Wei

Months Later...

"Grandmaaa, Mother is crying again!" Wei Ying squeezed Lan YongMing's reliable hand when the contractions became worse.

"Ge, she won't hear you from here," Lan Xiang patted Wei Ying's back judiciously. Things were not supposed to be like this but seeing his daughter in law in so much distress triggered him. Now his little one wanted out of the womb when Wangji was out of town. Sizhui was burdened with seeing that both parties were doing fine but Wei Ying ceased him from coming so the twins took charge. "A'Xing, bring me that table for support. I'm worried I might break your fingers."

"Oh Mother, how can you think this way. I'm a Lan remember? I have iron fists," The kid showed his perfectly white teeth in a charming smile.

"Pfft! You little rascal. You brag like your Mother!" Wei Ying was pushed into a laugh.

Xing, "Ehn, you think I act like you? Wow, I must be an awesome person then. Have no fears Mother, I will keep you laughing like this till my baby brother gets here."

"How do you know it's a boy?" Lan Xiang was his calm self, keeping Wei Ying's breathing in check by studying his pulse like a professional physician.

"I dreamt about this YongZheng, it's a boy- trust me," Xing stroke Wei Ying's head affectionately.

Xiang, "Dreams are not definite Lan Xing, it's only a figment of your imagination."

Xing, "Wanna bet on it? Ten stones of silver."

"Gambling is against the rules," the younger kept his eye on Wei Ying.

"That's poor people talk," Xing smirked.

"Says the disciple exploiting people at the Cloud Recesses," YongZheng narrowed his gaze as a warning.

"Wait... What do you mean by exploiting people?" Wei Ying did get distracted by their conversation.

"It's nothing, Mother. My brother is just jealous because he cannot talk to some girl without my help," Xing tilted his head at the other.

Xiang acted indifferent, a sign that he did not like where the conversation was heading, "That's utter nonsense, I never said I liked her."

"Lan Xiang likes a girl!" Wei Ying's jaw dropped. He always assumed Xing would be the first to exhibit such traits but this was getting scary. "Alright then Master righteousness, do you like LinQiu or not!" Lan Xing pushed further.

"Well, I most certainly... do not have to answer that ridiculous question," Xiang would rather not look at the two people in the room.

"Aha! See mother, he likes her," Xing's grin was clearly evil and it gave Wei Ying more chills.

"Oh crap, you two are growing too fast. Lan Xiang, I'm super proud to know you have a first crush but could you wait till a few more years. I'm not ready to talk about the birds and the bees," Wei Ying did not know which was more daunting. Giving birth or learning one of his boys had a potential love life.

"What's the birds and the bees?" Xing looks at Wei Ying curiously. He did miss hearing his mother's absurd tales. The question however did make Wei Ying so uneasy he wished to pass this baton to Wangji, "Well...Uhmm..."

"Okay! How are we doing here?" Xiao Jiayi entered the room just on time. "Lan Xing likes a girl Jie!" Wei Ying seemed to have forgotten about the labour cramps. "LinQiu? Xing won't stop yapping about it. It's funny knowing this when Xiang acts so cold towards her."

"Well, that's Wangji's blood for you. I do hope it's nothing serious."

"They are kids Wei Ying, I bet it's just friendship he seeks. I can't say the same for Lan HuiZhong. He is a lot more open around her sister," Jiayi grinned as he checked on the pregnant man.