Chapter 21

Wei Ying was at a loss. His hands were bound and he could not reach out for his flute. More so, whistling while being dragged was difficult with his head constantly bumping against something. When he saw the web wrap around his company's head, he knew he was next. But knowing does not always mean conquering. Powerful or not he still had a weak vessel and would have to channel whatever this body could handle.

Knowing his chances of escape was pretty slim, he still had to try. It was all for the cause. What were the odds that he would find a fierce corpse to help him in this place? It didn't matter, he already started to whistle as loud as he could. Wei Ying thought of his husband, convincing himself that he will make it back home to him and their son. Even as he came face to face with the beast and the white sticky rope climbed up his pale face, Wei Ying could not help but cry out his name wishing he would save him like he always did. "Lan Zhan..", he muttered softly with a smile as the web finally swallowed him up.

Lan Wangji slumped to the ground, feeling a sharp pain in the chest and his breath was fleeting. His body began to tremble slightly and beads of sweat gathered on his temple.

"Hanguanjun!.."

His students rushed to his side. It was mid-day and Lan Wangji was teaching them some sword techniques. The lesson had to end and Wangji retired to his room. Lan Xichen made sure his brother was attended to by a physician to ease their fears when he heard about it.

Lan Sizhui went to the Jingshi that evening after Wangji had calmed down a bit. There was a longing that Sizhui could not overlook when he saw the man's face. His father trying hard to keep a composed visage was painful to watch.

"You don't need to be alarmed...I'm fine.", Wangji kept his eyes on the tea Sizhui put before him.

Sizhui, "Then what happened?"

Lan Wangji, "..."

Sizhui, "Do you think something bad happened to him?"

"I...I thought I heard him call my name.", Wangji looked at his son with brave eyes. It took every bit of faith to convince himself that he had a panic attack because he overworked himself, not because Wei Ying was in some kind of danger and needed him. He wanted to believe Wei Ying did not need saving.

"Hanguanjun...", Sizhui's gaze softened. Saying positive words would come easy but when he himself felt scared and anxious, he seemed not to find the words to console his father. So he kept quiet and allowed himself to grief with Lan Wangji.

**********************************************************************************************************

Jiang Cheng waited anxiously for Lan Huan to come. He worked out every affair in order to have enough time with him but these days it became more urgent because he wanted to be updated on his brother's whereabouts.

When the man appeared in a distance he run to meet him halfway. They were at the lake house and didn't have to hide themselves. The smile on Lan Huan's face after he pecked him on the lips made his heart flutter but when it soon faded at the mention of his brother, Jiang Cheng knew there was no progress.

Jiang Cheng, "...Still nothing?"

Xichen shook his head. "I'm worried about Wangji... Two days ago he had a panic attack. He wanted me to help him keep Wei Ying by his side... but I failed him again."

Jiang Cheng brushed his lips against the other's cheek, giving him the chance to be engulfed in his presence. " You're being hard on yourself...I Know my brother will return...Give him some time.", he said.

Xichen felt a soothing calm in his bones and he leaned in for a tighter hug. "You always make things better...Please, lets stay like this a little longer" He whispered.

Jiang Cheng, "Mn...Anything you want."

*************************************************************************************

The sight of a man in white robes made Wei Ying force his weak eyes wide open. "Lan..", his words were cut off when he got a better view. This person was not his husband, where was he?

"GuanYu, the medicine is ready...", A lady in similar white robes walked into the room with two bowls on a tray.

GuanYu, "A'Ping, just put it on the table, he's still asleep."

Ping, "But he's sitting up."

GuanYu turned and saw that Wei Ying was awake. "Sorry, what happened after the..."

GuanYu, "Giant Spider?... We heard you whistle and came to help. I'm Chen GuanYu, and this is my sister Chen Ping."

Wei Ying forced a faint smile in appreciation. "Did you by any chance save my friend?", Wei Ying remembered.

Ping, "Oh...Your friend is still unconscious. It doesn't look like he'll make it.". Wei Ying tried getting up so GuanYu helped him. "Please take me to him..."

He sighed when he got to the next room. The demon's white hair was now as black as his flute and his skin had a normal pink than snow white. He sat by the bed and examined a few things.

Ping, "Are you a physician?"

"No...I just know how to help him.", Wei Ying replied with a smile. The other two were a little surprised to see him draw out blood and write something in the sleeping man's palm. A dark energy surged between them for some seconds. The unconscious man's eyes shot wide open, startling the two in white....

********************************************************************

A few hours after the demon recovered, he went to Wei Ying with his head low. Earlier he had lured the giant spider to Wei Ying in a failed attempt to escape. "What kind of man are you? Why would you sacrifice ten years of your lifespan to wake me up?" He asked Wei Ying when their saviours went out to get some food for them. "It was the least I could do for a friend...You helped me get here, it was my fault we got captured by that spider.", Wei Ying gave a sad smile.

Not knowing what else to say, the demon decided to clean up his act. He would always hate humans but for this one person, he could pretend was not one them.

"ZhiHao...My name is ZhiHao.", he averted his gaze. Like a silver linen, Wei Ying suddenly lit up,"Interesting name for a demon...Tell me what made you so grumpy when you have such a cute name"

"Human! Don't make me regret this."

Wei Ying, "Come on, you already know my name... You remembered it clearly when you were screaming for help like a girl.". Wei Ying laughed at a fuming ZhiHao who let it go and endured his punishment for being petty.

Later when the two cultivators returned, they sat down to have a proper conversation. Wei Ying found out they were also his grandmother's disciples but he did not give out his identity yet. Although he tried persuading them to help him meet their Sect Leader, the two still refused, stating clearly that the sect leader did not accept uninvited visitors and barely showed her face to her students. After a few more talks and appreciation, GuanYu and Ping bid them farewell.

"How are you going to find this person then?", ZhiHao asked a few minutes after the cultivators left.

"Don't worry about that my good friend... I got it all figured out.", Wei Ying revealed two pieces of papers, glowing with letters. "We just have to wait for them to lead the way...", he added, as a mischievous smile slowly crept up on his face

***************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading...I've missed you all in these few days. I wish you missed me too :( I Hope you're all safe and healthy. Sorry for any grammatical errors. Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment. I cant help but wonder what you think of this book so far... See you soon in the next chapter Dear WangXian Babies :) I promise, it will come very soon :'D