Chapter 24

"Young Master, get this red thread bracelet for your beloved and she'll forever be yours.", the women said to Jin Ling hoping to sell more goods. Zizhen chuckled at the smile that appeared on his friend's face when he heard the words 'forever be yours.'. "I think you need help.", he said after they left the stall. "It's just a gift, no need to mock me." Jin Ling said.

They were already in Caiyi town and on their way to the Cloud Recesses when they saw the Lan boys. "Wow, the heavens must be on your side, look.", Zizhen pointed at two cultivators in white robes with a thin ribbon on their forehead. The plan was to get then Lan boys to go on a night hunt so that Jin Rulan may have the chance to bond with Jingyi. Sizhui and Jingyi were surprised to see them as well.

"Good thing we run into you two...I wanted to personally invite you to my sect for a night hunt.", Zizhen went straight to the point after they exchanged greetings.

"Did you have to take that one along with you?", Jingyi smirked at them. "Jingyi, be nice... Zizhen, Jin Ling, we would love to night hunt with you but it would have to be after a few weeks... Hanguanjun needs my assistance with Sect Leader Lan's wedding. We can meet afterwards.", Sizhui was polite as always.

Jin Ling was happy to see Jingyi but had to put up a frown after his remarks. Finding out the hunt will not happen anytime soon made him sulk within. "Where are you two headed.", he asked.

Sizhui was about to give a reply when Jingyi cut him off, "We're here to run some errands for Hanguanjun."

"Really, seemed like you two are just loitering about... Why don't we assist you so we can have dinner afterwards. Would be a shame not to have a drink after the long journey here.", Jin Ling folded his arms.

Jingyi, "That's not our problem...We're already done and need to get back home so go back where you came from."

Zizhen and Sizhui exchanged glances, baffled by how easily these two were always at each other's throat. Fearing things might get out of hand soon, they separated them and each went their way with their partner. Jingyi thought Sizhui would scold him for lying but he didn't. He only changed the topic and took him to different places. "How about we watch a puppet show?", Sizhui suggested and Jingyi welcome the idea with excitement.

Meanwhile Jin Ling was still burning with anger on how they parted ways. "I swear I want to punch that fuckin face so bad!!", he cussed. His companion was quietly enjoying the show and did not slow him down. "Zizhen...Let's follow them. I want to know if he's really running an errand."

Zizhen, "Jin Ling, you don't need to do that. If it were a lie, Sizhui would have denied it."

Jin Ling, "I don't trust those two...Just do as I say and lets follow them." Being Jin Rulan's confidant was stressful. Zizhen knew that all too well.

Sizhui enjoyed Jingyi's silly comments concerning some things they encountered and how the day went. "It's almost dark, lets get back.", he said. On their way home Sizhui had wanted to tell Jingyi something  but was afraid of the reply. 'No...I have to man up.', he said to himself.

"Jingyi, wait.", they stopped along the lonely path. Lan Jingyi looked around, wondering if something was amiss.

Sizhui, "I want to give you something... Close your eyes and stretch out your left hand."

Jingyi smiled, Sizhui was really spoiling him than usual. Not that he had any complains. He did as told and waited for the gift. Soon he felt something wrap around his wrist. Then there was the touch of a hand on his face...and then, a pair of lips against his. 

Lan Jingyi flinched but kept his eyes shut. Everything had happened so fast he did not know how to react. Sizhui deepened the kiss when he felt a slight reaction from Jingyi and he drew closer... "Jingyi...will you be mine?", he spoke after letting go of his lips.